In Search of Fellini - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Search of Fellini Reviews

April 9, 2018
The beginning a little strange. Then it moved to bizarre. Then to potentially possible. At times had to ask the question, "what is the purpose of this story?" The naive goes to Rome to meet someone she doesn't know and who does not really want to meet her. The flashbacks to Fellini's films don't make much sense and don't seem to contribute to the story. I guess I just don't understand "art."
April 8, 2018
The movie can shift unevenly from effusive love letter to travel lust to sentimental moment, but that doesn't break the fantasy.
April 6, 2018
Magic and Metaphor combine to tell an adventurous tale a girl in search of destiny.
½ March 30, 2018
Made me want to go back and see his films again. What was fantasy and what was real?
½ March 26, 2018
This is a story of a dying Mom that didn't prepare her daughter for the real world, so the Mom sends her naive daughter to Italy where she repeatedly gets used, abused, and raped while her Mom dies back in the States. There is no magic to this film, just silent wide eyed stares of the lead actress as she fumbles her way into bad situation after bad situation. I guess if you love misogyny, this is your film.
March 25, 2018
I love Fellini more than any other person in cinema. So I watched this movie with curiosity followed by the feeling of having coffee with a new friend who has just revealed to me that he loves something I love as much as I do. 5 stars for me, because I love Fellini. 4 stars for others who don't get it.
March 20, 2018
Great imagery. Very sweet story. However, it seems a bit unrealistic that Lucy goes to Rome having no job and mom having no savings? Started off promising but got a little too "dreamy" for me. Also, her mom keeping her chronic illness secret really bothered me. If it were the other way around, she would be destroyed.
February 26, 2018
In Search of Fellini is thoroughly enjoyable... captivating from the
first frames.

For me, Fellini is a religious experience. I fell into the story of quantum-connected souls finding clues to the meaning of life from opposite sides of the planet. The imagery of
Fellini's work blends with the surreal life experiences playing out for Lucy
and Claire... and inspires thought on a higher plane.

My favorite moment... Lucy stands outside the Fellini film festival theatre
entrance... the filmmaker sets up a wonderful contrast with her warm, smiling face in
the foreground against the cold, cruel world behind. A friendly Fellini fan
offers a beckoning glance, and Lucy goes for it. As we walked with Lucy
into the theatre, I could almost hear a church pipe organ playing in the
background. Warmth... acceptance... commonality.

What a wonderful movie.
January 2, 2018
I saw this during a film festival a month ago. Just a great charming, poignant little film, told and acted very well... so worth seeing. Ksenia Solo will melt your heart. Don't miss it!
October 9, 2017
This is a fantastic movie for anyone who loves Italy and Fellini. It gets off to a charming start, then leaps to a different level when the action moves to Genoa, Venice and Rome. Great scenery and characters, and the tone never falters.
October 3, 2017
In Search of Fellini maybe the most incredible film I have seen this year, ranking right up there with The Lovers. I left the theater so excited about cinema and wanting to encourage everyone to see the film. It completely restored my faith in independent films and makes me want to run away to Italy. The film has just opened in a very limited release, but luckily I was able to see it in Athens, Ohio. The film deserves to be seen and should have been screened at all the huge festivals this year. The film stars Ksenia Solo and is based on Nancy Cartwright's life before the fame of voicing Bart Simpson. Ksenia's ability to convey such emotion through her eyes reminds me of a young Sarah Polley.

Nancy Cartwright co-wrote the film and generously took time to speak to me one on one after the screening. The only way films like this will be seen is through word of mouth and I promised Nancy I would tell everyone I could about it.

If you love cinema and want to see a wonderfully made independent film, please go see it. This is the first feature film by director Taron Lexton and cinematographer Kevin Garrison, who I believe Nancy said is only 21 years old. Both are names to look out for.
October 3, 2017
This film was spectacular and engaged more than merely my attention for the entirety of the film. While the film has a simple feel to it that I admired, there are moments when the cinematography and score blend perfectly to give the audience a breathtaking experience. The performances from Bello and Rajskub were great, but the star of the show was Ksenia Solo, who gave an outstanding performance. This is possibly the best movie I have seen this year and among some of my favorites of all time. While I am sure the overwhelming majority of people will enjoy this film, this movie becomes transcendental for lovers of Italy and cinema, such as myself.
October 2, 2017
In Search of Fellini is all about following your dreams. Lucy flees the comfort of her Ohio hometown, and travels to Italy to find her hero, filmmaker Federico Fellini. Without proper planning, Lucy finds herself submerged in a new culture that takes her into wonderful and not so pleasant situations. Viewers will be able to identify with Lucy's coming of age struggles on her adventure. The plot will keep you on the edge of your seat until you find out what happens to Lucy, her family, and her dreams.

Ksenia Solo's performance as Lucy is amazing! Her na´ve character has you rooting for her the entire film. The cinematographer and director did some amazing work to make this a top-notch film! As up and coming filmmakers, I cannot wait to see what Kevin Garrison and Taron Lexton work on next!
October 1, 2017
Amazing cinematography; definitely a movie for the dreamers and adventurers of the world.
October 1, 2017
I was told about this film by a friend and I must say that if this is Ms Cartwright's first venture into the film world, she has made all the right choices. Great characters, story and cinematography. I think the Fellini/muse metaphor works perfectly even if you can't imagine someone having the experiences that her young character actually had in the movie. Bart has a new career!!
½ October 1, 2017
Although the story jumped from time to time, the overall theme and story was very well done. The whole idea of chasing your dreams and hopes were put to the extreme in this film. I thought it was very well done and you should definitely give it a look at.
½ September 29, 2017
This movie depicts a girl who was sheltered her whole life and in her early 20's, she goes in search of her favorite film making in a country she has never been too. The setting is beautiful, so beautiful that you could get lost in the scenery and lose track of the plot. The main character does a perfect job playing the innocent, clueless girl that she is. Great movie!!
½ September 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the plot of this film and really felt invested in the search for this mysterious film maker. The scenes were beautifully shot which really added to the greatness of this film. I would definitely go see it again.
September 29, 2017
This was a beautifully shot movie that kept me interested and perplexed throughout its entirety. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good coming of age movie.
September 29, 2017
This film was beautiful in more ways than one. It was full of color, life, and a powerful story of going out of your comfort zone to discover yourself and your dreams. Highly recommend! Also, have tissues nearby.