Labyrinth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Labyrinth Reviews

½ April 27, 2017
Forced to watch this in art class. Everyone except our teacher thought it was absolutely dumb and had no good plot and the actors weren't even good overall this is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life
April 20, 2017
Love this movie! Just watched it in 4k! Pretty!
April 17, 2017
Movie afternoon with Gertie.

Jim Henson in his prime. Zavid as the Goblin King. Perfect Bank holiday fare.
April 17, 2017
I love the labyrinth! Such a great movie! ^^
April 13, 2017
Packed with imagination, great characters, puppetry and action this is a most enjoyable movie from start to finish.
March 31, 2017
one of my favorite movies ever
½ March 25, 2017
Not a perfect film, but I really enjoy the imagination, puppets, visuals and memorable characters who all have a real charm to them. It's a great movie and I highly recommend checking it out.
March 19, 2017
Nope. Non flaws. This movie is exactly what it needs to be and it does it perfectly. The goblins, the music both Bowie's and Trevor Jones, the sets, Hoggle, Ludo, Sir Ditimus, Ambrosias, the Bowie, and The Connolly... All perfect! I heart this movie just as much now as I did when I saw it at 8 years old.
½ February 3, 2017
This movie is still amazing, it is ageless and a visual masterpiece. The characters are in depth. It's a well done movie that you can watch over and over again. The puppetry is simply divine, Jim Henson's dark take on muppets was great. If you've already seen the movie, you can see it differently. If you look close enough, you can see David Bowie's face hidden cleverly in the labyrinth. You can also see the goblin world mirrored in the real world. A must-see movie.
January 12, 2017
my childhood. seen it at least 100 times literally
January 7, 2017
A classic adventure movie, punctuated by the enigmatic David Bowie. It features just enough weird to keep Jim Henson happy. #Nostalgia
January 7, 2017
THIS US MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!!!!
January 4, 2017
A classic, childhood favorite that succeeds through the years.
January 3, 2017
A strange look into 80s filmmaking
½ December 31, 2016
Musical babynapping.
December 17, 2016
A triumph of imagination, Labyrinth is Jim Henson at his best, delivering not only a wonderful cast of unique characters, but a strange and often confounding world, that never ceases to amaze.
½ December 9, 2016
It's not often that I'll admit a movie is propped up by nostalgia, but that's the only reason I can come up with for why I like Labyrinth. The story structure is muddled to say the least, there's a lot of ambiguity in what is going on, and the music is not good. The aspects that make me love it mostly center around two things. For one, Jennifer Connelly is the star. I had a massive crush on her when I was younger, and I do think she adds a lot of heart to Labyrinth. She behaves like a normal teen in the beginning of the film, and then shows some significant growth as things progress. The other great part of the film is Jim Henson's puppet work. You get to see a whole lot of genius in this film. The creatures are menacing and cute at the same time. One scene that really stood out was the hands used to make the faces. I thought that was a very creative way of making a character without even needing elaborate puppet. The companions that Sarah befriends on her journey are all the different styles of puppets that Henson had honed and perfected through the Muppets. I loved that they didn't draw from familiar characters he had used before, but invented new puppets that fit in well with the world. David Bowie is odd, and well-suited to this role, but he was never one of my favorite parts of Labyrinth. I suspect that this film would not hold up very well for someone who was new to it, but my fond memories make Labyrinth worth watching from time to time.
November 26, 2016
Labyrinth can't help but be a much more entertaining film visually rather than on a narrative level but the film nevertheless benefits from the presence of David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King, some imaginative moments, memorable characters and musical numbers that ought to please both kids and adults.
November 20, 2016
Definitely a plausible contender for the title of "Most 80s Movie Ever."