Laws of Attraction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Laws of Attraction Reviews

½ September 12, 2016
I have a hard time watching movies with Pierce Brosnan. I just keep wondering if his character is supposed to be Irish, or if he just happens to be useless at doing an American accent.
Aside from that I quite enjoyed this movie. It was easy to sit through it. It wasn't the type of comedy that made me laugh, but it was definitely entertaining and it managed to keep me entertained throughout.
December 6, 2015
Fun fluff is strictly by the numbers.
July 27, 2015
The two leads are likeable and really try but there is no saving this script.
½ July 26, 2015
This was hilarious! I could never actually see them together, but they managed to make it seem possible. So for that it was interesting. Not sure it's really worth seeing though.
½ January 17, 2015
I thought it was a good movie. I loved the scenerey in Ireland and the brief bit of irish dancing.
January 12, 2015
This wasn't as bad as I thought it might be and it did have it's funny parts, but it seemed too unrealistic.
½ July 29, 2014
My Rating: 3.5/5 stars; Grade: B; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Somewhat Good (Fresh); Emoticon: :-}.
July 25, 2014
Ok, so I totally wanted to swap spots with Julianne Moore! It is a fun romantic comedy that is a must for every chick-flick collection!
July 10, 2014
charming romantic comedy
½ May 24, 2014
Very funny, with lots of nice touches. Both stars shine.
May 3, 2014
I am a sucker for lame rom coms with extremely attractive casting
July 4, 2013
Great movie. I'm just not sure who played the Song rolling back the dice. I couldn't find it anywhere. On even on iTunes and I really love the song so much.
½ June 23, 2013
Writing was pretty bad. And everything else was pretty bad too. The castle looked cool, but definitely didn't make up for everything else.
June 4, 2013
Silly and lightweight clone of sorts. Harmless and insignificant diversion.
½ April 4, 2013
Attempts at being funny, witty, romantic, sexy... Fails horribly on all counts
March 26, 2013
i liked it when i watched when i was young
now, it's a chick flick that doesn't measure up to my standards anymore, it's a feel good movie though
March 24, 2013
This is a fantastic film. Well written and well acted by both the main characters and the supporting actors. This film harkens back to the classic films of yesterday with its witty banter and sizzling repartee. Ms. Moore and Mr. Brosnan turn in performances touching and romantic, elevated from the sugary and saccharine by the sharp and pointed chemistry shared by our protagonists. At a time in film history when we indulge in no character study or one so deep and dully filled with pathos as to make a storyline all but impossible, the script in this film focuses on the characters of this smart and funny gem while still allowing the story to continue and grow without being overwhelmed. If you want to see a current film that holds its own when in compared to the best the past has to offer, watch this. You'll come back to it again and again. So get out the Snowballs and the tequila and enjoy. Huevos de Chivo!
March 1, 2013
Laws of Attraction is a movie about opposites attract. It's funny, putting the antagonist at odds in scenes after scenes and numerous high stakes divorces. It has romance fairly well sprinkled, and just a tiny bit of emotional drama. The settings are beautiful and the scenario engrossing.

Julianne Moore plays to perfection an adorably anxious control freak lawyer with a self-esteem problem and a perfect record. She preaches the benefits of divorce, doesn't believe in marriage, and is commitment phobic. Pierce Brosnan's lawyer character has just as much a pristine record, but is more relax and chaotic. He doesn't believe in divorce and is a romantic at heart. Surprisingly, this more bohemian persona fits him well, and he gives a good performance.

The piece might not be extremely inventive, as story goes, but it's interesting. The "lie" doesn't rear its ugly head, but the "irredeemable act" makes a brief appearance to change the course of the scenario, and is well handled without too much reproach.

It's good funny romance. It will melt your heart. See it.
½ February 28, 2013
hahha i like this chic flick!!!
February 27, 2013
Love Pierce Brosnan. This was a great romantic comedy. Brosnan is witty.