Life Reviews

• Nov 21, 2019

Although a predictable script and an uninspired direction, "Life" remains enjoyable and entertaining, thanks to solid performances and stunning visual effects.

• Nov 04, 2019

A single cell becomes The Unstoppable Alien Terminator named Calvin in a matter of minutes. At the same time, the six astronauts prove to be the biggest failures humankind has ever seen, since they mess up absolutely everything during the entire film. The acting is good and so are the effects, but that's about it.

• Oct 23, 2019

Garbage ending. What a waste of time.

Garbage ending. What a waste of time.

• Oct 14, 2019

Ry-Ry and Jakey-Jakes reporting for duty. They shouldn't have. Life Daniel Espinosa, the director has a pretty simple pop culture vocab. It ought to suck the viewers in and leave none the wiser. The simple beings will whirl merrily around the cheap thrills and the smarter ones exhausted and also mildly depressed by the "entertainment" clause that the film misinterprets. And what I was disappointed the most was from the fact that the film is incredibly effortful. And I don't mean just the practical shooting of the zero gravity scenes- which actually is all of them- and the poorly painted visual effects. But I am pointing towards the script. A script that tries so hard to not be "this" or "that" film, ends up being like no film at all. And I don't mean that in a good way. From the casting decisions to horrifying elements, each of them or those are staged in a way to impress by disproving your theory or expectations. By the way, there is nothing wrong with that. But considering this as a meaningful advancement in the storytelling and relying upon it that the audience will feed on it, easily. There's everything wrong with that. Life becomes difficult to define. Not to forget that there isn't any profound poetry behind that. But it neither remains a survival job nor a chess game. Not nearly a suicidal mission and certainly not an act of sacrifice. We are given a brief period, a brief set piece, a brief number of characters and horribly brief encounters of death or tragedy. So maybe the genre "horror" fits in perfectly. Not for the audience, but the makers and the film and the Life itself. P.S. It is really difficult to not break the fourth wall, knowing that these two geniuses- Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal- were goofballing around the set. Maybe they should have just shown us those footages.

• Oct 10, 2019

I was surprised. The cast and premise is what made me watch it but I had low expectations. Yes, we've seen this before but damn did they do a good job! Great casting, writing and directing. This may look like a mediocre film when you look at the scores, but if you're a fan of the genre you will definitely love this movie! Influenced by Alien and other movies...sure, but they made it their own and it was just plain fun.

• Oct 09, 2019

very bad, what starts with an interesting proposal gets totally lost in the course of the movie, it gets confusing, and bad

• Oct 08, 2019

A história de um trocinho de marte, que vira um troção malvado. É bem divertido, e final excelente :D

• Oct 07, 2019

This is an absolutely brutal horror film. In the theater, it kept me on the edge of my seat. Towards the end, my jaw was to the floor.

• Oct 06, 2019

What on earth is everybody's problem with this movie? This movie was an absolute thrill from beginning to end, and that ending though......I was not expecting that. 8/10

• Sep 18, 2019

kind of a rip-off to the legendary legacy of "aliens" but still a good movie with good plot and interesting characters