The Life of David Gale Reviews

• Jul 06, 2019

The Life of David Gale is a brilliant thriller that confused critics into thinking it was supposed to be something more. There's a lot going on in this movie. I understand why the critics didn't get it. Most shortsighted people seem to think this movie is about the death penalty. OK, it is. But most critics seem to think that Alan Parker wanted to make an anti-death penalty movie. By this logic, I suppose Arlington Road is a pro-mass murderer movie and Sixth Sense is a pro-helping dead people movie. I thought he was just using the death penalty as a plot device and did so very creatively. If you're projecting your own personal beliefs on the movie, that's your bizness. This movie had faux-bottom after faux-bottom and each one was more shocking than the last. This part of the story is why the movie was written in the setting of Death Row, not any political agendas. Sometimes critics can be so critical. 9.5 bugs (out of 10).

• Oct 05, 2018

I absolutely loved this movie

I absolutely loved this movie

• Sep 01, 2018

Great movie, great story ..... keeps ya thinking

Great movie, great story ..... keeps ya thinking

• Mar 10, 2018

A well made movie. Regardless of the harsh criticisms.

A well made movie. Regardless of the harsh criticisms.

• Mar 10, 2018

Politics aside (I don’t have strong feelings either for or against the death penalty), I thought this was an interesting and entertaining movie that held my attention right until the end.

• Feb 24, 2018

The Death Penalty opponents are depicted like blind fanatics. Is it true?

The Death Penalty opponents are depicted like blind fanatics. Is it true?

• Oct 06, 2017

David Gale (Kevin Spacey) is a man who has tried hard to live by his principles but in a bizarre twist of fate, this devoted father, popular professor and respected death penalty opponent finds himself on Death Row for the rape and murder of fellow activist Constance Hallaway (Laura Linney). With only three days before his scheduled execution, Gale agrees to give reporter Bitsey Bloom (Kate Winslet) the exclusive interview she's been chasing.

• Jul 16, 2017

Guess what? Critics have destroyed yet another good movie! They hated "The Life of David Gale" so much because they merely focused on its moral message or, rather, on what they supposed was the moral message the film wants to convey. But WATCH IT! It is one of the best thrillers I have ever seen: it has suspense, a quick pace, very good performances and is original! ... Too often I have been getting angry because of the critics' reviews; it seems to me that they are not able to find and appreciate beauty but can only destroy the ideas of others. This pushed me to express myself: tonight, after having seen the ratings of this film, I have finally decided to create a Rotten Tomatoes account!

• Feb 15, 2017

A little slow and the twist is pretty obvious but well acted and overall entertaining.

• Feb 04, 2017