The Lincoln Lawyer Reviews

• Oct 03, 2019

Great movie, and perfect suspense.

Great movie, and perfect suspense.

• Oct 03, 2019

A strong cast saves this film from being a total loss. That said, the film still mostly sucks. it's predictable even though it tries to distract you from the fact that you already know how it's going to end. Ultimately, it's a tolerable watch if you have nothing else to do and don't have to pay for it

• Sep 30, 2019

Just looking on Amazon prime for something to watch the other day. This popped up and I didn't think I'd seen it. I'd watched some lower rated stuff and felt a need to watch something...better. This was rated well so I figured wasted time spent well maybe. (Watching a movie is always wasting time right?) Right off the bat...money grubbing lawyer in a nice suit. Do I really want to watch this? Oh well let's see where it goes. Sure enough it all comes together cleverly. Real life doesn't work out that perfectly much. Not from where I'm sitting anyway. Gotta love a good ending in a good movie. Must've been based on a good book.

• Sep 23, 2019

The character of Mick is a cliche, and with the exception of William Macy, the main actors spit out their dialogue too quickly as if there was no thought preceding it.

• Sep 18, 2019

A truly great film, and the turning point in Matthew McConaughey's acting career as a quality dramatic performer.

• Sep 15, 2019

Gripping! Matthew McConaughey's outstanding performance makes the Lincoln Lawyer a hit!

• Aug 05, 2019

If you like mystery and suspense films then this is the movie for you. It has some pretty good twist that will make you want to movie to keep going.

• Jul 18, 2019

watch it ... you won't be disappointed

watch it ... you won't be disappointed

• Apr 26, 2019

A riveting legal thriller. Brad Furman's courtroom drama The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) is fascinating in and outside of the courtroom. This movie keeps you engaged with great writing and brilliant performances. The Lincoln Lawyer started off Matthew McConaughey's comeback, which lead into Mud, Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, and True Detective. But this film is like a subversion of McConaughey's other famous righteous lawyers like in A Time to Kill or Amistad. He is playing a corrupt, sleazy lawyer foil to his previous characters in a intense and captivating performance. Furman leads the helm with interesting direction and some really cool shots. The cinematography can be beautiful, but it does utilize too much shaky camera work and rapid fire edits. The awkward editing is really noticeable indoors when McConaughey is on the phone or just in his house. For all the intriguing shots, there are too many edits that distract the viewer with constant jump cuts. The courtroom drama and legal maneuvering is brilliant. The script from John Romano is clever with justice and legal commentary and plenty of twists. This is no ordinary legal drama. Matthew McConaughey is outstanding as a corrupt defensive attorney that will take any case for money, but he learns that there is more to the justice system than a payday. McConaughey keeps you engaged with his compelling acting and deeply serious take on a humorous character. The situation he is in is interesting on its own, but paired with his acting, McConaughey elevates The Lincoln Lawyer to greatness. Marisa Tomei is great as McConaughey's former wife and love interest. She plays a strict prosecutor and a loving mother. I like Tomei in The Lincoln Lawyer a lot. Ryan Phillippe is so unnerving and plays the entitled rich man so well. His performance tricked me the first time I saw The Lincoln Lawyer as I did not expect the twist with him. Josh Lucas is a solid straightforward prosecutor. John Leguizamo and Michael Pena both give excellent supporting roles. I found them very believable and real to this world. William H. Macy, Bryan Cranston, and Frances Fisher all give great supporting roles bouncing off of McConaughey's performance. I also liked Margarita Levieva's performance as the victim. Her testimony scene is actually upsetting without overselling it. I adore the hip hop soundtrack to The Lincoln Lawyer. It keeps the movie feeling fresh and engaging at all times. The lack of music in many scenes is also neat as tensions and suspense rise. Overall, The Lincoln Lawyer is a great movie that is high in entertainment value. Well written and superbly acted, The Lincoln Lawyer rises above its lackluster editing and decent direction into a fantastic film.

• Mar 26, 2019

An amazing movie which suited the acting style of Matthew McConaughey. A movie with good writing and a good plot twist.