Machete - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Machete Reviews

September 7, 2016
I enjoyed this throwback to grindhouse movies. It's fun, funny, action packed, and worth checking out! I really enjoyed seeing this in the theater, and I enjoy seeing it on blu-ray. It's a cult classic in the making. I wish the sequel could have been as good as this one. Thanks for reading and or viewing, and I hope you have an amazing day as always. :)
½ August 27, 2016
Good action packed movie
August 21, 2016
Damit that's gonna be Good!
½ August 17, 2016
With a lot of talent on display, it's a shame that no one seems to be having as much fun as a machete-laden ball and chain would suggest.
July 30, 2016
Loved it, It's got everything for a man in this film and it doesn't take it self to serious which is always good, Some good gory action scenes, Worth a watch.
June 18, 2016
Fun and blood and cartoon-ish characters, what's not to like? I have to say I was a little freaked out, with De Niro's character turning out to what Donald Trump is becoming ... #politicalcomment
May 15, 2016
Blood n boob's = good movie.
April 18, 2016
Not a bad action flick, with a whole bunch of notable actors, such as Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez, and a fun reference to the cheap ass grindhouse pictures of the 80's. It's super entertaining and really violent and gory, but it's fun and overall pretty good. Although, I do find it a little pretentious in the fact that it tries to look like a blockbuster HD action flick. But anyways, recommended !!
March 20, 2016
It is stupid fun for Rodriguez fans and moviegoers alike
½ February 20, 2016
Ok...after that it's pretty clear that Robert Rodriguez got some serious mental problems...and it's obvious he only masters one kind of dance...which starts to get boring...its just too much of everything...but even if I don't worship this I can appreciate it in my personal way
February 5, 2016
Jessica Alba, Lohan, oh my... oh my. Robert Rodriguez always knows what's up
½ January 28, 2016
This film is ridiculous. After showing us how to have fun with Grindhouse in Planet Terror..this was a mess. The action was suitably gory and we come to expect from Rodriguez.. but the dialogue is painful. For some reason Rodriguez felt the need to get every character to explain the plot as it moves along...just in case we didn't get it.. Some great bits of silliness (swinging through a window on a guy's intestines was hilarious..) but I just couldn't get into this. This is possibly because it takes itself a little to seriously, unfortunately tipping the scale in the wrong direction.
½ January 26, 2016
Great fun if you can tune into the tongue-in-cheek writing.
January 18, 2016
Settling into my theatre chair during the spring of 2007, I eagerly awaited the start of the Rodriguez / Tarantino "Grindhouse" double-feature. I can recall the lights going down, some cheesy retro music playing, and a "Coming Attractions" announcement leading into a hilarious fake trailer for a movie called "Machete." Well, we didn't have to wait long for the trailer to expand into an actual full-length feature. I was anxious to see the result -- admittedly, that is how I feel anytime the names of Rodriguez or Tarantino are attached to a movie. Now for my impressions of this blood-and-guts exploitation parody romp. This movie evidences yet again why there can be too much of a good thing. The three-minute trailer was excellent, but it is quite a bit more challenging to develop that into a full-length story of like quality, even for an accomplished director. There were expectedly ridiculous moments that made me laugh out loud, but the laughs were not elicited as often as I anticipated, and this is one loooong movie; in fact, the movie probably could have benefited from being cut by about 20 minutes. The positives mainly stem from the casting choices. Michelle Rodriguez's role had the potential to become the movie's most interesting character, but unfortunately she was not featured enough. Seagal and Lohan are good enough sports to allow Rodriguez to poke fun at their reputations. Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin align their performances perfectly with their director's vision, essentially stealing every scene they appear in, as they have in the past when working with Rodriguez. Mostly, though, I felt like I had already seen the best clips, dating back to the first time I saw the mock trailer. In fact, it is unmistakable that Rodriguez used the exact footage from that trailer in this movie, editing those shots into, and between, longer scenes. Much of the remaining movie mimicked moments found in other Rodriguez films, such as "Desperado" and "Planet Terror," which is fine -- those are far better movies than "Machete" -- if but a tad lazy for a writer / director who in the past has proven his imagination does not shrink away so easily. I remain a Rodriguez fan and I enjoy the light-hearted approach he brings to his wildly action-oriented extravaganzas, populated with a disparate cast of actors and actresses. "Desperado," "From Dusk Till Dawn," and "Planet Terror" are movies I have re-watched several times and still I find them to be highly entertaining. Having seen "Machete" only once, I am left with a feeling that my initial viewing is enough.
½ January 3, 2016
Machete is GOD. I never seen before so much blood&gore, gunshots, machetazos and naked women in just one movie, it's so full of awesomeness!!!!1
½ November 30, 2015
More obsurdity. If you're looking for fun and gore and mindless exploitation In the way Robert Rodriguez does best here ya go!
½ November 25, 2015
Esta pinche pelicula me saco coraje!!
½ November 2, 2015
It's impossible to review a movie like this, so I'll just give it halfway. Gleefully violent, but so ham fisted you can neither recommend nor renounce.
½ November 2, 2015
Machete is a pretty much idiotic, messily violent and hilariously cartoony B movie. Which is exactly the point the mood it's trying to drive home, if you're willing to laugh along with it.
October 23, 2015
An empty and silly exercise in cheap exploitation with unfunny attempts at humor and a stupid plot that is preposterous even for a film that is not supposed to be taken seriously - which makes me think that sometimes a fake trailer should just remain that.