Maid in Manhattan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maid in Manhattan Reviews

October 14, 2016
i mean its JLO what's not to love
July 11, 2016
This is s great movie and I love Jennifer Lopez but it's so basic. This movie has a theme that has been overused.
June 9, 2016
Maid hits the jackpot in this comedy ripoff of Cinderella.
April 2, 2016
It's pretty much like "Scarface" except there's a maid and she's in Manhattan.
½ March 8, 2016
Wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but it was a nice movie to watch. Jennifer Lopez did good and the message was nice.
½ March 5, 2016
I don't ever plan on watching this film again, but I'll admit the dialogue and characterization was pretty good, just as anyone should expect from a story by John Hughes. Otherwise move along people, there's nothing new here.
½ February 23, 2016
I used to have a crush on Ralph Fiennes, and watched this a few times in my teens/20s. However, I recently revisited it on Netflix and, wow, this film is so pandering to what filmmakers think women want to see in a romantic comedy, it fails on all accounts. The acting is still fine by Fiennes, but the rest is meh.
November 3, 2015
Generic and offering no true romantic chemistry to make even the most emotional rom-com goer weep, Maid in Manhattan only offers subpar butterflies and enjoyment.
October 11, 2015
A romantic comedy should have romance and comedy, and this movie has neither. I honestly cannot fathom how anyone in their right mind would consciously own this movie to watch again and again. Even though I think Ralph Fiennes is miscast, I don't think there is an actor out there who could have convincing chemistry with Jennifer Lopez. This is one of those movies that is so bad it's bad, because there is absolutely nothing in this movie that is remotely enjoyable, even from an ironic point of view. I mean, the movie begins with a stunted defense of RICHARD NIXON. Really?!
½ September 13, 2015
sometimes we have to change direction when we are forced to do so. that lead us in a different direction whether we want to or not.
August 15, 2015
Up late with nothing on, it wasn't the worst movie I've seen but it wasn't good either. Fiennes is a severely underrated actor imo, but Lopez is not real strong. Everything is relatively predictable with the happy ending desired by many who go to this type of film.

Grade = 4/10
½ August 14, 2015
Nothing special about this film. Not even sure it can be called a rom com when there is almost no comedy or attempts at humour made in the film.

I know I am not the target audience, but nothing really appealing for me
July 5, 2015
Fiennes and Lopez were adorable in this light hearted chick flick with the happily ever after ending.
June 9, 2015
Yet another serious actor pairs up with her.
June 2, 2015
A harmlessly sweet, pleasant little Cinderella story rom-com with some great laughs.
½ April 4, 2015
Pretty in Pink remade in a hotel. It's a rich/poor romance with very few attempts at comedy.
January 31, 2015
I don't understand why this movie is on bad chick flick lists. I love this movie.....wish there was more like it!
January 26, 2015
Ok, so it's cheesy, but a nice little love story. Jennifer Lopez is the best actor here.
December 22, 2014
Love the message of the movie. Doesn't matter who you are.