Mickey Blue Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mickey Blue Eyes Reviews

February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 12, 2016
urnebesna komedija :) nema veke ovakvi poveke, za zal ...
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Quite funny in places, Seemed to drag on abit but worth watching for a cheap laugh.
½ September 7, 2015
I saw this movie years ago and couldn't remember much. It's pretty funny with a good cast. The funny thing is, I've been quoting this movie for years and forgot where the line came from! "I've had enough of youse"
March 20, 2015
The idea is pretty good, but the delivery never succeeds. Grant is not very appealing in the lead.
½ December 25, 2014
Watch these if you just love seeing how Hugh Grant is awesome at being one bloke with wit and charm
November 10, 2014
It is a fun movie to watch.
May 31, 2014
One of my fave mobster comedy movies!
November 27, 2013
Fantastic film with comedy, romance and even mobster entities. Classic... one of my favourites films. Have seen it at the Cinema and finally watched it on HD. Great film. You have to see it to really judge for yourself.
August 16, 2013
Own it... need to watch it.
June 16, 2013
A British auctioneer gets involved with a school teacher, a relationship that entangles him in the workings of the mob family. A comedy working on stereotypes which, in spite of the fun performances by the usual British charmer Hugh Grant and perennial tough guy James Caan, is much too conventional to be anything other than an average comedy with its fair share of slow moments.
June 4, 2013
Hugh Grant makes me want to puke.
½ June 4, 2013
Mickey Blue Eyes is a disappointing film. It is about an English auctioneer who proposes to the daughter of a mafia kingpin, only to realize that certain "favors" would be asked of him. Hugh Grant and James Caan give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Kelly Makin did a horrible job directing this motion picture. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ February 7, 2013
Directed by Kelly Makin (National Lampoon's Senior Trip (1995)), this was produced by Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley, who had their own production company at the time. They'd already done Extreme Measures (1996), here they opted for something a little lighter. It came out around the same time as Analyze This, and it enjoys sending up gangster movie cliches and more. In New York, English auctioneer Michael Felgate (Grant), is in love with teacher Gina Vitale (Jeanne Tripplehorn), but she turns down his proposal for marriage all because of her father Frank (James Caan). When Michael meets Frank, he thinks Frank is a nice man, but then he see's that he's part of a big Mafia crime family, and it's not long before Frank has Michael auctioning off some questionable paintings at the auction house, which turns out to be part of a money laundering scam. But, when Gina's cousin Johnny (John Ventimiglia), ends up dead, Frank ends up asking Michael to help him out, even if it means becoming "Kansas City Little Big Mickey Blue Eyes". It's a very silly film, but it has some funny moments, and Grant is his usual, foppish self again, but Caan relishes the part of the mobster well, sending up what he did in The Godfather (1972), it's not perfect, but it's a good laugh and you could do worse than watch this.
½ January 22, 2013
For better or worse, I really liked this film. Special props go to Scott Thompson. He needs to act more. James Caan = Really funny.
December 7, 2012
Mickey Blue Eyes was crafted as a vehicle for the stammering British charm of Hugh Grant. takes the mick outta the mob so what ya think lol?
½ November 29, 2012
it was an good film but I don't think I'll want to see it again, it was ok and it starred Hugh Grant, Burt Young and James Caan, it's a ok film but I don't want the film on DVD thought the film needed to be better
September 14, 2012
I hope this is not a movie about that asshole Mickey Christian. he sickens me.
½ September 11, 2012
I'm not a big Hugh Grant fan, but I think he's so funny in this and the plot is awesome!!
August 27, 2012
It has the baddest man to ever come out of the womb in it, James Caan. I will watch it only in the hope that he kicks Hugh Grant's ass for letting Hurley get away. Or just kicks his ass for the hell of it. Either way.