Midnight Run Reviews

• Jun 17, 2019

For how old this movie is, it's a lot funnier and enjoyable than more modern movies from this genre because the comedy is not over the top and the characters aren't cookie-cutter stereotypes.

• Apr 20, 2019

"Midnight Run" follows Jack Walsh, a bounty hunter who is tasked with bringing an embezzling accountant to Los Angeles. The film made me think what an interesting job it must be to be a bounty hunter. I felt that the film was comedic considering the scenario and content. I think that this film fits perfectly into the "buddy cop" comedy genre. One of my favorite scenes was when Jack is trying to get "The Duke" to feel comfortable on the plane and he starts singing "Come Fly with Me". That exchange just makes the moment so humorous. Regarding the directing, I enjoyed the scene between Jack and his ex-wife. Throughout the rest of the film, Jack is a tough guy and this exchange between the ex-wife and his daughter shows this softer side of Jack. It gives the character a lot of dimension. Editing-wise, I loved the scene when Jack sees his daughter Denise. it's such a heartfelt moment and exchange between the two. In these sequences, the editor was sure to stay on moments of reaction to the situation, which just further pulls you into the story and pulls on your heartstrings. Acting-wise, I thought that Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin were so complementary of each other in their roles. Robert DeNiro's character was so serious and Charles Grodin's character is such a ham, it was great watching the two playoff of each other. I appreciated the cinematography in the scene when Jack and the The Duke are on the train. The inside of the train is dark, but outside of the train is so light. It gives this great dimension of the turmoil going on inside and the light outside. The sound design wasn't my favorite part of the film. Overall, the music was terrible. Any moment that could or should have been nerve-wrecking is paired with this kitschy music that makes the scene so campy. An example of this is when Jack is stranded in the river. It could have been this great moment of suspense, but because of the campy music it felt uncomfortably laughable.

• Mar 21, 2019

can't believe I'm just now seeing this... comedy classic

can't believe I'm just now seeing this... comedy classic

• Mar 07, 2019

Love this movie! Probably my second favorite De Niro movie behind Goodfellas. Grodin is great too as well as the supporting cast. I can watch this over and over

• Mar 02, 2019

Very Good, not great.

Very Good, not great.

• Feb 05, 2019

This movie is awesome. Robert De Niro is amazing great. And I just love Charles Grodin.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Jan 03, 2019

Great performance from Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin

Great performance from Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin

• Oct 23, 2018

I finally saw it 30 years after it's release. Surprisingly heartfelt and natural enough that the imposing soundtrack from that era is barely noticeable. To gauge how good a movie is I will try to be aware of how much I am smiling during the best parts. I smiled a lot during Midnight Run.

• Aug 02, 2018

thought this was good, though there weren't a ton if LOL moments for sure. deNiro was fantastic. Grodin solid.