The Muppet Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muppet Christmas Carol Reviews

August 17, 2016
It would be natural to assume that this would be a regular holiday cash maker, overly sentimental and soppy and another Hollywood butting of a classic novel. The only thing is, it isn't.
June 28, 2016
A good kids movie and a good music! A good Christmas movie or at any time!!
June 9, 2016
The classic novel portrayed by everyone's favorite puppets.
May 1, 2016
A charming and cheerful family version of the Charles Dickens classic starring the Muppets. Might not be the best of either Christmas Carol or the Muppets, but this I think would be a pretty good way to introduce kids to the story.
½ January 24, 2016
A well done retelling of the classic Christmas story albeit with a few too many narrative interruptions, often with little purpose other than for the sake of telling an unneeded joke. The original Christmas songs are absolutely dreadful, but they're often sung with such joyfulness they can be forgiven. "The Muppet Christmas Carol" is a nice, unstuffy alternative for the kids -- old and young -- in your home.
½ January 15, 2016
Michael Caine was a great Scrooge. Though he shouted more than the book version did, he did scared and remorseful very well. He didn't break down in the end as much as I thought he should, but I think I just like my Scrooge to have a full meltdown. We are supposed to believe this guy went from miser to charitable, happy man. So the old needs to be completely broken down. Overall enjoyable.
January 6, 2016
If you don't love this don't talk to me
December 29, 2015
Wonderful holiday fun! The Muppets add some spice to the classic Dickens story. It is actually probably my favorite movie adaptation of A Christmas Carol from all the versions I've seen, and also one of the better Muppet movies. (First viewing - Childhood)
December 28, 2015
You'll get the music stuck in your head until next Christmas.
December 25, 2015
There's lots to love here, particularly Michael Caine's deadly straight take on Scrooge.
½ December 25, 2015
Cute adaptation of the Disney classic with songs, comedy and a funny Michael Caine as Scrooge.
December 25, 2015
Another spirit haunts The Muppet Christmas Carol: that of Brian Henson's father and Muppets creator, Jim Henson, who died just two years earlier. While the Muppets' fourth feature film is brimming with wit, sharp humor and memorable musical numbers, a palpable sense of sadness hangs heavy over the production. It permeates every scene, every reflection on death and regret, every puppeteer's work, even the way Kermit's head droops or his smile fades seems to whisper "we are not what we once were." And yet Jim Henson's legacy is alive and well in The Muppet Christmas Carol. Brian Henson, his puppeteers and the Muppets themselves refuse to let a day pass wasted, even in their grief, and allow their sadness to not only invade the production but to inhabit it, enrich it and make it a more sincere, emotionally poignant film. Watching Kermit and Robin as Cratchet and Tiny Tim -- a loving father who devotes every ounce of his strength to his work and his son -- is suddenly utterly heartbreaking and incredibly moving. Seeing Scrooge learn what Jim Henson spent his days teaching -- to live life to its fullest, bringing joy to others whenever possible -- suddenly resonates unlike any "Christmas Carol" adaptation before or since. Realizing Brian Henson is coming into his own, in complete, confident command of his craft -- on his feature film directorial debut no less -- is suddenly wonderfully satisfying. "We are not what we once were" suddenly translates to something else entirely: "This too shall pass. We are exactly what Jim wanted us to be."
½ December 25, 2015
A fun and clever twist on a retelling of the classic story that you appreciate more each year.
½ December 25, 2015
This is the second best Christmas film in my opinion. Superb.
December 22, 2015
The muppets Christmas carol is a Christmas classic that everyone has most likely seen about once in there life. The film has great songs, they are very catchy and fun. It's great to see the muppets all in it and I like how they are all handled. Michael Caine is excellent, the film's funny yet has dark moments. It's a very fun Christmas movie and a classic. B+
December 12, 2015
Michael Caine is brilliant as Scrooge. The Muppets are also amazing!
December 8, 2015
A classy, charming and fun take on a Christmas Carol. This movie deserves much higher reviews than just 69%.
December 3, 2015
My Favorite Christmas Movie.