The Muppets Take Manhattan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muppets Take Manhattan Reviews

December 12, 2017
Before I start, I just want to make one thing clear. I haven't seen The Muppet Movie in years. In fact, I'm not even sure if I watched the entire film from beginning to end. I wasn't too interested into it I guess. Instead, I preferred the second predecessor The Muppets Take Manhattan. And let me tell you. I couldn't stop watching this film when I was a kid. I just loved it so much. Now I have never seen The Great Muppet Caper. But I heard it wasn't all that great. So I decided to skip that one. As for this one. Does it still hold up by today's standards? In my opinion, it exceeds those standards. The story is simple and sweet, the characters are all lovable and unforgettable, and the tone has that nice balance of light and dark. I especially love the character of Animal. "Me want woman!" That scene is so hilarious! Overall, it's my personal favorite Muppets film. Whether or not it's the best Muppets film objectively, that's all of a matter of opinion. But if you haven't seen this yet, I highly recommend it.
October 26, 2017
good classic muppet movie who on it way to Tony Awards winner for broadway musical, I like this movie
½ July 17, 2017
One of the movies that kept me afloat as a depressed kid...and a depressed teenager. How could you not cheer the fuck up when muppets sing to you? I also had a crush on Jill the Frog for the longest time. I think she loved Kermit...but of course, he was oblivious and a sucker for punishment.
½ June 26, 2017
B-
An entertaining movie that had great voice acting (as usual) and some good songs. Overall though, it felt a bit boring and tiresome in many parts and the acting was bad by non-Muppets. If you aren't a Muppets fan this may not be a movie for you.
½ June 9, 2016
A pleasant outting for the Muppets even if it's not their greatest.
½ February 3, 2016
The Muppets Take Manhattan is a really movie that shows that in the hands of Frank Oz as the director, it's in good ones. The human actors are good, and the jokes are really funny. The songs are very catchy, and some are memorable like the baby scene and the ending song. The Muppets are still enjoyable to watch, with some of the new muppets that are just as memorable. The plot is really good, although there was a sub-plot that come out of nowhere just to make the film even longer. The Muppets Take Manhattan is probably one of the first films that I've seen, and still enjoy it to this day.
½ October 11, 2015
"The Muppets take Manhattan" lives up to the giddy tone and adventurous nature that the previous Muppet films are known for while making its story smartly crafted while having fun moments.
October 8, 2015
As usual, the Muppets continue to charm in this film. Kermit participates in a lot of funny antics, Rizzo and the other rats almost steal the show, the music is catchy, and the film ends with a joyous gathering of all Muppets (including Sesame Street characters) for Kermit and Ms. Piggy's wedding. Pure joy!
½ September 24, 2015
The Muppets Take Manhattan is a clever and consistently funny film.
September 8, 2015
Ehhh.. Disney could have been Better??
July 19, 2015
This one still remains my favourite Muppet movie of all time. I love the music, the jokes, the cameos. I think my favourite moment has to be when the Muppets first arrive in New York and set up camp in a bunch of lockers or it's maybe Gregory Hines saying the word "Huggies". It's such a feel good movie and really brings me back to my childhood. Seriously, who doesn't LOVE the Muppets??!!
½ July 17, 2015
Revisited another film from my childhood that I hadn't seen in ages, I found it held-up surprisingly well and was quite entertaining. Definitely worth revisiting!
May 15, 2015
Filled with clever jokes and the same lovable characters, The Muppets Take Manhattan is quality entertainment.
½ May 13, 2015
82% on my Tomatometer.
April 27, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if I had a nightmare about this later.
Oh yes! The movie review: I'm not a huge fan of Muppets, but it was pretty good for what it was. (If not a bit obnoxious at times.)
½ April 15, 2015
Back on track, this is probably my favorite next to The Muppet Movie from 1979 (their first in a long Muppet movie series).
April 9, 2015
This is one of the more sincere Muppets outings, abandoning the meta-awareness the gang is known for and focusing more on the relationships of the characters. While that can be nice at times, I think it mostly hurts the movie here. On top of that, the human characters and cameos may be the weakest of all the Muppet movies. However, there is still stuff to like here: the rats, Muppet babies premiere, Kermit's amnesia, and it's a great reminder that a Muppets stage production is long overdue.
½ December 23, 2014
In this third feature, the Muppets are trying to make it big on Broadway... rather like their first movie where they're trying to make it in (and to) Hollywood. I prefer the road trip story where the Muppets all meet compared to this one where they split up for a significant part of the action. I actually felt like there was too much human screen time! The Muppet Babies song made up for it though...