National Lampoon's Vacation Reviews

• 4d ago

There is nothing really special or particularly funny about this film.

There is nothing really special or particularly funny about this film.

• 5d ago

National Lampoon's Vacation makes me laugh every time I see it. There's something just so relatable about a family road trip where everything seems to go wrong. Chevy Chase is in his element as Clark Griswold, a father who is determined to give his family a good time. This ridiculous screwball comedy may not be for everyone, but I certainly enjoyed my journey to Walley World.

• Jun 12, 2020

Hilarious tale of a can't-do-right guy who takes his hesitant family across America. Screwball yuks along the way, with a famous cameo by Christine Brinkley. For the love of God, don't eat the sandwiches.

• May 30, 2020

A fun and dark time This picture was the start to a franchise that had its own hurdles In quality but this comedy might be the best one in the franchise

• May 10, 2020

Funny all the way through!

Funny all the way through!

• Apr 30, 2020

An inarguable classic that I've probably already seen in its entirety four or five times over (only out of order, however) "National Lampoon's Vacation" features what could be the quintessential Chevy Chase performance -- charismatic, charming, but with equal doses of both desperate and crazy. There's a lot to like here, namely the film's second half, which really amps up the crazy, ultimately culminating in a truly enjoyable finish. The road getting there, though, can be much like the Griswold's own road trip -- bumpy, especially from a timelessness standpoint. Look, not every movie's going to age well. And "Vacation" certainly ages better than a lot of other films from its era of comedy. Still doesn't change the fact that there were simply some gags and bits in this that I probably would've found funnier in the year 1983. Not that I was "offended" or anything. Some jokes felt a little "been there done that" to me. Still, it's an absolute must-watch for fans of the road trip genre and comedies altogether.

• Mar 21, 2020

This was the first time watching this. I have to admit time hasn't served this film well. Jokes are rude and it's really sexist film.

• Feb 17, 2020

This absolute classic still holds up today. The classic lines, the quick jokes that are easy to miss, and most importantly the characters. I would say fun for the whole family, but I forgot about the brief nudity and language. Certainly one of my all-time favorite summer fun movies.

• Feb 11, 2020

Funny, original, but the shower scene was unnecessary...

Funny, original, but the shower scene was unnecessary...

• Jan 12, 2020

One of the greatest comedies of all time.

One of the greatest comedies of all time.