The Omega Man Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made!

The best thrilling movie ever made!

• Dec 14, 2018

Whole lotta stupid fun. 120 proof anglo saxon baby.

Whole lotta stupid fun. 120 proof anglo saxon baby.

• Jul 13, 2018

The original I Am Legend movie from the 70's with Charleton Heston in the lead role. There's quite a few differences, one is that instead of mutant CGI vampire beasts this one has an albino Illuminati-like cult in black robes and sunglasses .. and they talk. Also no dog or Bob Marley music. It's decent despite the slow pacing in the middle.

• Jun 02, 2018

It's so bad that it's funny, but still, the only thing positive in it is Charlton Heston, but not even him can save the movie.

• May 26, 2018

I won't deny that the 2007 version of this particular story, I Am Legend, is more proficient on a technical level, but I weirdly still prefer the 1971 version, The Omega Man. It's a dystopian sci-fi film, which I adore. It stars Charlton Heston in said genre of film and I loved his work in Planet of the Apes (1968) and Soylent Green. It's also a 70's film - a decade in which it is quite difficult to make me hate a film from that era. So, it comes as no surprise that I had a hell of a good time with The Omega Man. The story follows a former scientist named Neville who after injecting himself with serum to stop the effects of biological warfare that destroyed the world, now lives in Los Angeles. By day, he drives around and tries to live a normal life as if things were the same (Even going to the movie theater to watch a Woodstock documentary over and over again). By night, he stays in his penthouse, trying to ward of attacks by albino mutant creatures led by cult leader, Matthias (a former news anchor). Neville eventually discovers other survivors led by a headstrong woman named Lisa, who along with a man named Dutch take care of children, while also trying to find a cure for the outbreak. As a cure is synthesized, the group must survive attacks by Matthias and his cult and save the world. It's a dark, grim, and thrilling post-apocalyptic sci-fi film that is much better than what many give it credit for. Even during its weirder moments, The Omega Man remains a visceral experience that rises above its flaws. If you enjoy yourself a slice of yesteryear's sci-fi films, The Omega Man is worth seeing.

• Oct 11, 2017

The Omega Man is an excellent film. It is about Army doctor Robert Neville who struggles to create a cure for the plague that wiped out most of the human race. Charlton Heston and Anthony Zerbe give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Boris Sagal did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this movie because of the action. The Omega Man is a must see.

• Jul 21, 2017

With an engrossing lead performance from Charlton Heston this science fiction film gets by entirely on his performance and his share of the script as the rest of the cast and the rest of the script are lacking. It does however have a solid score, the first third of the movie where Heston is alone in Los Angeles is great, I like the action and it does have some social commentary undertones going for it. The ending however is lackluster, it isn't all that deep, the rest of the cast don't compare to Heston's performance and it drags in places.

• Jul 04, 2017

Somewhat dated now but in its day an interesting take on the apocalypse. The Will Smith remake only brought it up to date but didn't better it. Charlton Heston's dalliance with sci fi had a real hit with Soylent Green which dealt with an impending apocalypse.

• Apr 26, 2017

a combination of zombie movie and last man on earth movie with charleton heston

a combination of zombie movie and last man on earth movie with charleton heston

• Feb 04, 2017

- 'I Am Legend' update beats the flat Vincent Price version of a decade earlier and Charlton Heston is compelling even when he sits alone in a movie theatre watching 'Woodstock'. Good entertainment though not overly memorable