Orange County Reviews

• Jan 08, 2020

I went with 2 stars on this movie I have not seen this movie in a while I might see this movie again. I have seen this movie a few times I seen this movie in the movies with a friend I have not seen in forever. Kind of silly 90's teen comedy Jack Black plays the dead beat brother of a boy going to college for writing kind of funny, kinda boring it's alright.

• Sep 29, 2019

This movie always made me wonder. If your a writer that writes a story about your life. Then what do you write about after that?

• Jun 16, 2019

One of my favorite movies ever! Pessimistic teen, Collin Hanks, learns to embrace the crazy of his loving friends and family. This movie is held up by its hilarious supporting characters. Jack Black, Catherine O'Hara, John lithgow, Leslie Mann, Chevy Chase, and Lily Tomlin are just a few in a star studded supporting cast. Combine that with an undersold and underrated comedy, and BAMB! Cult classic.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Apr 22, 2019

Great cast and soundtrack. The story is quite simplistic in design and robs the film from achieving some individual style. Black is very funny in a weird supporting role. I was shocked at the talent involved here, but they must been connected to land most them in little roles. This is an okay filmin doses, but the filmmakers don't have a clear understanding of the material and it's a bit messy. Okay in the end but not a great comedy. 19/04/2019

• Nov 03, 2018

Orange County picks up some points picking at what US domestic livestyle has devolved in to... drunk, divorced, cheating parents, druggie siblings and friends, social banality (that carries on to college) and of course, the need to get in to a good college. Hanks does a decent job playing the straight man against a mess of a movie. Much of the cast seems dumb and only partially aware of what is going on around them. Not sure what the cameos were for. Jack Black had some funny moments, but geez he should NOT be in his underwear in a movie... at least they were not obviously stained. The craziness was way over the top and WAY too conveniently timed (all stoners converge, in your underwear, on the Stanford interview). For convenience, there was some sort of moral lesson thrown in.... like how Steven Segal blows up an oil rig and then preaches about nature or native culture or something. I can't really recommend the movie, but it had a few laughs.

• Apr 23, 2018

Is this the most underrated comedy of the 2000s? An endlessly funny, fully realized universe that subverts its subjects and setting, all while clearly loving them. Almost like they were making a satire of turn-of-the-century teen life without denying its power ("Butterfly"). It has surprisingly strong things to say about idolizing your dreams, under appreciating what you have, and realizing the love you have for the family and friends who drive you crazy. An underappreciated and ahead-of-its-time teen comedy.

• Jan 05, 2018

Orange County is one of my favorite movies. I've watched this movie a bunch of times through the years and still enjoy watching it. I definitely have a different criteria for what makes a movie enjoyable to watch, according to the "top critics" this movie sucked. I think the movie has solid performances and is hilarious.

• Dec 02, 2017

Good movie. Though its story is reminiscent of numerous other films in the genre, it overcomes its familiarity with a lot of really enjoyable humor and great performances, especially Black.

• Oct 28, 2017

10/28/2017: An ok movie. Nothing real memorable or quotable though

10/28/2017: An ok movie. Nothing real memorable or quotable though

• Sep 06, 2017

This is a very funny California movie with Jack Black at his best as well as a great cast. Not sure why it's rated so low. Seen it several times over the years and it holds up pretty well. I would give it an 85.