The Other Boleyn Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Other Boleyn Girl Reviews

September 17, 2017
I'd rather have the Tudors in the bigger picture of the dramatisation of Henry VIII
½ April 5, 2017
Such a disappointing script for a superb cast.
March 23, 2017
A really great performance from Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman. Can be difficult to watch at times, surprised at how low the age rating is.
March 11, 2017
It's a nice epic drama about betrayal
½ February 25, 2017
So far from the book that it is almost depressing. To claim that their mother married for love? That she had any say in the matter of her children? Read the book honestly, it's a lot better.
December 28, 2016
Une histoire vraiment interessante et intriguante....
December 20, 2016
Natalie Portman is great and in fact the only one who stands out from the cast, but even though mildly intriguing, it is too bad that this period drama feels like a slow-paced soap-opera more concerned about melodrama than historical accuracy.
November 23, 2016
The scene where Anne is crowned as the official Queen of England literally gave me multiple goosebumps! Every scene has been shot brilliantly! The Other Boleyn Girl is a masterpiece.
November 6, 2016
the strong love and desire of Henry's to Anne Boleyn is not reflected well :/
January 27, 2016
I have to say I feared the worst when sitting down to this film, 2 Americans and an Australian playing huge historical English characters sounded like an awful idea. It wasn't so bad though, in fact it was perfectly adequate. Nothing special mind, there was an awful lot of the plot missing, and years skipped by in seconds but thanks to a capable cast and some nice direction (apart from the handful of 'behind a fence/through a curtain' wobbly camera shots) it was pleasantly not horrible.
November 13, 2015
Boy do they pour on the syrup in this overly melodramatic drama.
September 29, 2015
As a huge fan of the author and of this book, I was so happy with the film version. Natalie Portman played the perfect combo of loving sister and evil ambitious b!tch. Scarlett Johansson as Mary was wonderful and portrayed Mary as you truly believed Mary would've been like. The moment when Mary was handed the scroll from Henry VIII refusing to cancel the execution you could see the horror a true sister would've felt!
August 9, 2015
A really interesting take on an amazing story.
August 1, 2015
Just a tad slow. An interesting story, but clearly a Gregory novel as it is very 'sexed up'.
July 15, 2015
Historically, hard to tell how much was accurate. The acting was decent though.
½ June 12, 2015
Awful writing in almost every sense (dialogue, plot, pacing, characterization), and it wastes its cast. It wasn't the worst movie ever, but I'm certainly not in any rush to watch it again, and it could have been so much better. Oh, and for anyone who cares - it only bears a vague resemblance to the actual history, so don't think you'll walk away with some great knowledge of British history or anything. ;)
June 3, 2015
natalie portman did a pretty good job being anne boleyn
May 17, 2015
iv all ways loved it love the actors to hope there a 2nd one with same actors..
April 26, 2015
Heartbreaking story :( Fortunately Elizabeth I (King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn only child) is the most phenomenal, long reign Queen/ruler the Great Britain could ever had.