Polisse Reviews

• Sep 24, 2018

I can always appreciate when French cinema tries to be real.

I can always appreciate when French cinema tries to be real.

• Mar 26, 2017

Brilliantly composed and performed insight into a very dark world with all the necessary touches of melodrama to bring it alive and the inevitable bias of a pro police point of view, but undeniably a masterpiece.

• Dec 22, 2015

After reading some of the reviews and finding out that this movie got the big prize at Cannes, I can only conclude that I am the last sane person on Earth. I've never seen so much overacting, pointless dialogue, illogical leaps in the plot crammed into two painful hours. And I didn't even mention the part where the cops who supposedly are so concerned about the kids are completely thoughtless about a teenager who just gave birth to her rapist's child or the mom who had to report her husband as a child molester. Other than that, it's great.

• Feb 09, 2015

There's no story here. No suspense. Nothing interesting. Just a series of scenes of ugly people eating and fighting, intersperesed with occasional scenes of police interviews and arrests. Very ugly film. The constant eating is disgusting to watch. Terrible film.

• Oct 13, 2014

I really haven't seen Maiween in a long time since The Fifth Element, so seeing her in this and actually directed and wrote it, got me curious. Polisse is actually a really great film. It's got police action, it's got lots of drama, and stuff that you wouldn't really think it'll go that route. It does got some scenes that you see in a Law and Order episode, but the thing about this film is that it affects the main characters too, well a little. It does have some great acting which I can see the expressions on their face to know that they are trying to act. It does have some great drama in it that might make some viewers feel emotional about. The ending might make viewers feel mixed about, whether they think it's more thoughtful then they thought, or it's just a confusing mess that should've been explained more. I think it is more thoughtful then I thought, but I do understand why people think about it the other way around. I didn't really got that invested in the beginning, but the middle and end got me really invested. It gives more proof that actors have the potential of being great directors or great writers.

• Sep 06, 2014

An impressive film, but tough watching at times, particularly in the beginning. Not seen a film showing this kind of storyline before and it was all pretty believable.

• May 18, 2014

Pour la scène de la mère qui laisse son enfant

Pour la scène de la mère qui laisse son enfant

• Apr 14, 2014

Muestra Internacional: Veamos Polisse, la película está bien dirigida. Entrando a este ámbito entre ficción y documental en donde hasta la misma directora tiene un papel nada pequeño como fotógrafa. Tiene muy buenas secuencias como la de un interrogatorio a un señor mayor o a una adolescente amargada. La película en ocasiones se vuelve lenta y cansada.

• Apr 02, 2014

Superb cast with an in-your-face kinda realism about the French CPU (Child Protection Unit). Just a very well done film that packs a punch --even an ending that's not @ all what you'd expect. Super!!

• Mar 19, 2014