Rooster Cogburn Reviews

• Jul 16, 2020

Fun will be had but a romantic comedy doesn't fit the character.

Fun will be had but a romantic comedy doesn't fit the character.

• Jun 06, 2020

John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn make this film so much fun to watch

John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn make this film so much fun to watch

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Nov 10, 2019

Nothing too serious here, a movie of leftovers from other movies (True Grit and African Queen), and used as a personality vehicle for it's two main stars, that it is their only screen collaboration being the sell. It has the overall feeling of two bullshitters sitting around bullshitting each other and whomever else might be happening to listen. Wayne gets a softer edge from her, and Hepburn gets to shoot a Gatling gun. It's Hollywood.

• Sep 18, 2017

BitterSweet heart felt story.

BitterSweet heart felt story.

• Sep 05, 2016

One of John Wayne's most under rated films in his long and celebrated career. A great character study of Rooster Cogburn from True Grit. Don;t miss this!

• Apr 13, 2016

"they aint coming, Ill bet my drunket cat on that" - John wayne in Rooster Cogburn

• Mar 16, 2015

the chemistry between wayne and hepburn is palpable and undeniable. they were outstanding. the dialogue between the two was hysterical, smart, and amazingly witty. hepburns amusement with wayne, i believe, is what sets the team up for success. when she laughs and is amused with him, she lets us know that we can be too. she makes sure that we see him with an outsiders eye. looking at how ridiculous he can be. amazing duo. interesting camera work. the way the cameras changed lenses are worth going back and studying. really beautiful landscape. the movie was entirely too much fun. what a blast.

• Aug 02, 2014

Not as good as true grit but worth watching!

Not as good as true grit but worth watching!

• May 19, 2014

It definitely retreads on True Grit and The African Queen, but its enjoyable in its own right

• Mar 13, 2014

Weak follow up - with several enjoyable moments thanks to some adequate acting.

Weak follow up - with several enjoyable moments thanks to some adequate acting.