The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos) Reviews

September 5, 2016
A tremendous and complicated story about life and moral in the eyes of a brutal murder. The language is snappy and witty, but never lost the moral gravity.
September 3, 2016
One of my all-time favourite films.
July 20, 2016
Un clasico. Para verlo una y otra vez, no solo por el excelente guion y actuaciones sino por la cultura argentina
July 14, 2016
This is a movie which hallmarks symbolism so perfectly with a genuine murder mystery narrative that will leave your eyes in warmth and daze. The incredible writing, the lead cast and their chemistry, the controlled direction, the poetic twist ending is showcased with a great finesse. This is an instant classic
June 4, 2016
Sólo como thriller se sostiene. Pero la película es más ambiciosa y va más allá: las pasiones, las convicciones, el sentido de la vida, el amor. Con razón se ha dicho que los ojos son las ventanas del alma.
May 30, 2016
Mesmerising and beautifully photographed, with strong performances in the service of a somewhat conventional plot with twists that are less twisty that they should be. I can see why the remake is getting"me" reviews. without the acting and directing on display here, this movie would be pretty dull.
May 26, 2016
One of the best movies I have ever watched... A masterpiece
May 19, 2016
A taught psychological thriller that's heavy on the psychological, light on the thriller, The Secret in Their Eyes gives no easy answers. In fact, answers of any kind are not forth coming. Instead, the film is a meditation on the morality of right and wrong. How far is too far when dealing with a monster? At what point do you become a monster your self? Grounded in solid performances and steady, unflashy direction, The Secret in Their Eyes will make you work to make your own judgements and it's all the better for it.
May 3, 2016
A thoughtful, unflashy and mature movie about past mistakes and the memories that follow us, The Secret In Their Eyes is a film for those who like a story to carefully and methodically unfold, rather than fire off all at once. Featuring calm and collected performances which aren't afraid to break free now and then, some incredible camerawork, especially an unbroken 5-minute shot at a football stadium, a believable romance, witty dialogue and an overall satisfying plot that wraps up just how it should. It's well deserving of both its praise and its Academy Award. We witness a man, browbeaten by life, work and things he should have said and done long ago, and finds a kind of epic tragedy in his many failings, but doesn't take the easy route and make him a target for easy jokes. Instead we're left to experience what it's like to be him, highs and lows and everything in between. If I could fault it at all I would say that, at times, the pacing feels a little too deliberate, like the movie wants to hold onto us as long as possible. But its intentions are good and its delivery is always earnest. You will enjoy it as you watch it, and think about it long after it's over.
April 27, 2016
A brilliant movie from argentina. Deals with the corrupt justice system and complex human life,fear,love. Brilliant brilliant movie.
March 12, 2016
that's what I call a great plot
½ March 9, 2016
"CUNNING | DEEP | GRIPPING | MYSTERIOUS | POWERFUL" (95-out-of-100)
½ February 25, 2016
Historia, casting, guión. No es un 10 tal vez por lo larga.
February 23, 2016
2009 best foregin film oscar winner bears little remblence to the 2015 american remake
February 19, 2016
Excellent cast --great story. Way better than the US remake, which made no sense, had stale characters, and just flatout bombed. Watch this one instead..truly you will appreciate the relationship between the two main characters more and the ending that much more satisfying.
½ February 16, 2016
It may not be the right reason, but I've always found pretty amusing the argentinian accent and choosing of words. It makes it more entertaining for me. However the film itself is pretty good in any language. It starts a little slow but it has an unexpected ending that will leave you wondering if you're satisfied with it or not, but in a good way.
January 9, 2016
Won the Oscar for 2010 Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
Argentina. It was well deserved for this amazing thriller
½ January 3, 2016
Haunting to the bone.
January 1, 2016
Yes: BRILLIANT ... what more can I say. Great plot. Beautifully realised, mysterious, visceral in its impact. Wonderful acting - with palpable tension and chemistry between the two leading characters. Photography. And, Yes: mesmerising. One of the VERY best movies I have ever seen in almost 65 years of film going!