Sightseers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sightseers Reviews

September 21, 2016
Sort of as if Philomena Cunk and Barry Shitpeas starred in a serial-killer movie scripted by Half Man Half Biscuit. Which, um, sort of works...
August 1, 2016
A detestable film that forces us to follow for eighty-eight minutes a couple of hateful psychopaths with a sick story that wants to be a very dark comedy and make fun of their gruesome atrocities - but everything is just too much bad taste to be remotely funny.
June 9, 2016
Very quirky and dark ! Really enjoyed
May 7, 2016
It might be critically acclaimed but this is a very sick story with sick characters and sick ending. Do not watch it.
May 2, 2016
A very strange film, like an Indie dramedy "Natural Born Killers." There are some very cool stylistic flourishes in here, but I don't know how realized of a film it is. It wants you to be connected to these psychopaths when I was mainly confused on how they are how they are. It's a good script, just perhaps never too coherent in its intentions.
May 1, 2016
Don't be fooled by the 'Laugh-Out-Loud Funny' quote for this supposed black comedy. It's neither funny or a comedy. What it is is depressing and miserable.
April 28, 2016
Sightseers is a low budget indie dark "comedy", but its more just a dark movie and not much laughs. There are some nice themes slowly built in, but ultimately it doesn't go anywhere. It starts off good enough, but quickly runs out of steam, even though the attempt is admirable and the concept is quirky.
March 25, 2016
Probably not as funny as it should be, but still huge fun nonetheless. With a decent mixture of dark comedy and gore I found it entertaining without been too silly
½ March 3, 2016
The movie has one of the most annoying, offensive and just plain unbearable character named Tina ever written by a woman and played with utter disgust by a woman, Tina is way distasteful than Meg Ryan's character in In The Cut and that's saying something. Atleast Jar Jar was funny in his own bizarre way. this one is just hateful.
½ February 28, 2016
Occasionally amusing but disjointed satire on Little Englander intolerance.
½ January 30, 2016
dark-comedy story about a romantic couple.
½ January 28, 2016
Very funny, in a gross, mad way. Quirky, very British and very black comedy!!
December 31, 2015
Very funny film. Despite its dark nature. Great acting.
December 5, 2015
Fucking nuts. Loved it.
November 24, 2015
Psychopathic black comedy horror drama, both funny and disturbing. Took a strange turn halfway through. Pretty weird, very British. 6.5/10
½ October 14, 2015
After a promising start, the subtle jokes become less so, and for me, by trying to be darker looses it's purpose. Granted some moments are right on target, however one Episode on Fawlty Towers is more accurate about British culture, and funnier.
September 26, 2015
"Sightseers is an original film but a bit bizarre. This is a black comedy but I did not laugh anywhere as much as I was maybe intended to. It is definitely not for everyone. The couple are oddly likable, but the script goes to no effort to make us sympathise with or for them. Their actions are never anything but horrible."
September 23, 2015
I truly enjoyed this black comedy. So strange and original.
August 15, 2015
what the freaking nonsense funny is this?
August 14, 2015
S I C K!! But love it. It's got no boundaries and you want a movie that makes you say "That's so wrong", this is it. Choice tunes (FGTH "The Power of Love", End score of Tainted love)..... gotta watch the end.