Sleepy Hollow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepy Hollow Reviews

½ November 4, 2017
For a horror, I enjoyed it. Lots of superstition dark themes and a few strong jump scares!
½ October 28, 2017
Terrible movie starring Johnny depp.
½ October 27, 2017
While the film is fairly stupid and cliched, it still proves to be a fun, atmospheric, and ghoulish time, providing yet another example of Burton and Depp's success and featuring a ghastly reimagining of the Horseman lore, making it a must watch come Halloween.
October 27, 2017
PROS: Tim Burton delivers that trademark look (who else could make a tree look cool?) and Danny Elfman score that I like. The horseman is probably the best part of the film -- both the headless and sharp-toothed Christopher Walken version. The movie gets significantly more exciting when he's on screen.

CONS: When the horseman isn't on screen, the film can be kind of dull.
½ October 13, 2017
What an absolute thrilling movie! I am by no means a scary movie person and I don't like a lot of blood or Gore. I also never grew up celebrating October 13. But for some reason, this year I felt like giving it a chance. So I watched my first scary movie on October 13!

Talk about an epic start! This movie was out of this world. I loved seeing Johnny Depp in a younger form. So cool. I also loved the darkness and the lack of color. Just amazing. The movie is a little bit dated so the beheadings and blood was not as realistic, which made it really easy for me to start watching this film. It wasn't too over-the-top.

Honestly my heart was racing, it was a good thriller, you were trying to figure out who was guilty, and boy can I not wait to see this movie again! Highly recommended and I'm going to give more scary movies a chance.
½ August 27, 2017
Good. I wish Johnny Depp's character had just a little more personality
August 3, 2017
Sleepy Hollow is a bold, bloody and fast-paced film from the Burton/Depp duo.
August 1, 2017
What starts off as a detective story with potential loses its way in the second half when it becomes a scare-free horror. There's still enjoyment to be had, especially in the supporting cast and the fantasy elements, but the narrative gets muddled.
June 23, 2017
There doesn't seem to be any part Johnny Depp can't play!
May 19, 2017
A brilliant and bloody film with excellent performances and scares!
May 17, 2017
1999 Was My Favorite Year In Film.
May 6, 2017
The writing is just moderately good. Burton's films have had better, but the screenplay for Sleepy Hollow isn't terrible. It handles all of the twists and turns necessary for a horror film well, and makes Depp's character likable. Sleepy Hollow is one of Tim Burton's best films. It's creepy, complex, and fun to watch, but the writing and acting are great. If you want to watch a fun and weird horror film, this might be for you.
April 2, 2017
Decent movie. Good cinematography, good acting, and an okay story. It just didn't keep my attention, but it was somewhat memorable.
April 1, 2017
One of my all time favourite horror films
½ March 11, 2017
Un'atmosfera tetra e cupa alla base di questo film firmato Tim Burton, con una trama intricata ma sempre coinvolgente. Lo stile unico di questo visionario regista evidente e non vedo l'ora di analizzare tutte le sue numerose opere.
February 18, 2017
My all time favorite character Christopher Walken...
January 17, 2017
Really enjoyed this, great adaptation of a beloved story.
December 11, 2016
It's really not that great for Depp/Burton. If you think about it this might be what started their streak of shitty movies they've created in the past 15 years. And Christina Ricci does not look good as a blonde.
½ November 21, 2016
Spooky, kooky, and tons of fun to watch.
November 14, 2016
It makes very little sense but it is admirable for both it's visual design and the fact that Depp's Ichabod Crane is a sniveling coward.