Spaceballs Reviews

• 19h ago

Spaceballs is the best sci-fi spoof since airplane and Kentucky Fried Movie and Young Frankenstein and it's still the best comedy of the 80's of all time.

• Jun 12, 2020

Perhaps it was inevitable. With so many hits, Mel Brooks was due for a miss. This one is it.

• May 15, 2020

Not a great spoof film, and definitely not one of Mel Brook's best, but a fan of Star Wars, and science fiction in general, is sure to get a laugh or 2 out of Spaceballs. The films main problems is how many of the jokes miss, and how laboured many of the attempts at humour are. I found myself smirking more than laughing, and sometime the pauses after a would-be funny moment is so drawn out that filmmakers have clearly overestimated how funny they actually were. The plot feels very haphazard at times, and much of the dialogue feels just as forced as some of the jokes. But it's an undeniably sweet movie, and its obvious that the people making it have the deepest love for the genre and approach the subject matter with affection and understanding, like in all the best spoofs. It's nowhere near as funny as I was hoping it would be, but its still great to see a film that's brought joy to so many and made fun of a cultural phenomenon so well that George Lucas himself has offered his praises.

• May 11, 2020

Mel Brooks is a comedy genius and Spaceballs is of the best spoofs of all time.The only down fall is, if you never seen Star Wars, then most of the jokes will go over your heard. I still find this movie funny and think it holds up good for how old it is. Shame we never seen a sequel.

• May 03, 2020

No introduction needed. SPACEBALLS receives its merit for being one of the funniest comedies of the 1980s. With everyone's favorite comedians at the helm and a continual flow of amusing satire, it shall remain a respectable classic forever.

• Apr 26, 2020

Funny film with a silly similarity to Star Wars!

Funny film with a silly similarity to Star Wars!

• Apr 15, 2020

Hilarious sci-fi parody from mastermind Mel Brooks.

Hilarious sci-fi parody from mastermind Mel Brooks.

• Apr 13, 2020

HILARIOUS!! A must watch for those who enjoy slapstick comedy. Includes gags like Princess Vespa's headphones, the vacuum maid, and Cornel Sanders.

• Apr 03, 2020

Look, it's a spoof. We know. But it's the Star Wars of the tongue-in-cheek world, and I'd watch it again and again every few years because I love it just as much every time. So if you want a good chuckle then I highly recommend it.

• Mar 27, 2020

Will Spaceballs compare to Mel Brooks' finest movies, probably not, but for what this movie was, a parody/spoof movie, it's really a fun watch. Still waiting for Spaceballs 2: The search for more money.