Swinging Safari Reviews

• Oct 09, 2019

Despite my name, I grew up in Sydney in the seventies, I'm Anglo-Saxon and no mistaking this movie was a ripper for me for nostalgic reasons. I mean every few seconds I was being bombarded with images and sounds which tore my heart out, reminding me and even titillated my other senses from some of my most sacred memories. Surprising how clunky some of it was when almost as much was so pure I felt like someone was watching over my shoulder as a kid after all. I suspect this will not reverberate with other Western audiences as much because what it depicts above all is a unique Australian experience which I know has not permeated the rest of the far-flung European Empire. This is much more appealing to me as a non-LGBTQ bloke than Priscilla. By the way the amount of re-writing I had to do to get this review past the automatic LGBTQ defending censorship was enough to make me even more hostile to these lifestyle CHOICES. Cue nasty angry face! Aussies will continue to call F..s for fa.s as we did even when the issue was finished in the seventies. Back then f... were not such thin-skinned wombats!

• Jul 02, 2019

This is an incoherent mishmash of aggressive characters, ambiguous violence, a dull, unstructured plot and over the top direction. The overuse of iconic props isn't enough distraction to hide the flaws. Another embarrassing Australian flop that's an insult to the intelligence the Australian film industry, its talented actors and Australia as a whole!

• Jun 26, 2019

Saw the beginning. Looks like absolute shit. And yes, I grew up in Australia in the 70s.

• Jun 25, 2019

A narrative boring home movie. If you like the preview you'll probably like the movie.

• Jun 24, 2019

Really nice movie (;

Really nice movie (;

• Jun 23, 2019

Fantastic movie! best sountrack and of course Kylie Minogue one of the best roles

• Jun 22, 2019

Saw it during the 2018 Chicago Film Festival as "Flammable Children." Lots of horrible people and dysfunctional families, lots of plot discontinuity, but good for a few laughs.