Take Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Take Away Reviews

September 11, 2016
Great Aussie comedy !!
September 7, 2014
One of the best and forgotten Aussie comedies.
½ September 12, 2012
very disappointing film, i was hoping for something really entertaining, but alas, stupidity and low-budget laughter, with a topping of highly unlikely events once again struck australian comedy. And to anyone who reads this, this film was made in and at the end of my street! this is why i was so excited about it, and i saw some of the filming in progress, so i was really hoping for something good, but i was disappointed. Vince Colosimo is better than this.
February 7, 2012
Good for sticking it to fast food chains, but nothing great.
December 2, 2011
Really quite funny, a nice story but I think the end was a bit ridiculous
½ July 27, 2010
"Take Away" is right up there on my list of favourite Aussie movies. What can I say? I love it. I love Vince Colosimo, I love Stephen Curry, I love Nathan Phillips, I love Rose Byrne, I love Tom Budge... but really I just love the story. It's a funny movie. "Take Away" is by no means a cinematic masterpiece, but it IS funny and not boring or depressing like many other Aussie movies.
½ October 11, 2009
When you watch a film such as 'Take Away', you shouldn't treat it as a piece of art. What I mean is, just enjoy it for what it is. Realise that it doesn't have a large budget or stellar cast. Honestly, 'Take Away' isn't too bad. It plays out like an 88-minute episode of 'Round the Twist'. It has a premise that's easy to follow and contains some decent humour. Stephen Curry is especially good in his role because he seems to be acting naturally. I found Vince Colosimo's performance to be mediocre. He has a very colourful personality, perhaps 'too' colourful. He tries to deliver every line boldly, when realistically, not every line needs to be delivered with gusto. He has intonation problems. Rose Byrne is good in this, and is now making the big bucks in the United States. Nathan Phillips can't act, but I'm sure he knows it. The film's ending is very displeasing. It was surely concocted without any serious thought and/or intelligence. It happens too quickly, plus it's highly unrealistic. Unrealistic elements are fine in a movie...if it's of the fantasy genre.
December 13, 2008
great australian movie!! quite funny
September 23, 2008
I can so relate to this lol
½ September 10, 2008
Iconic Aussie Comedy. Some Of The Jokes Hit The Mark But Other Ones Are Just A Little Too Stupid. Still, Great Fun.
August 12, 2008
this would be my favourite
½ July 14, 2008
Why are all Aussie films these days so shit??? I want answers...
June 23, 2008
Great aussie movie. Lots of Laughs. Most ridiculous way of taking away a take away place. Didn't get the ending so much with the prison
April 28, 2008
Some cheap laughs but this is a bad film that doesn't explore any of the questions that it asks and has the most ridiculous ending ever.
February 15, 2008
Now this is a great movie!!
Good old Aussie humor :) Definitely one of my all time favorites!!
February 15, 2008
Anything with Stephen Curry's going to be good!
February 6, 2008
Before you can cook the nugget, you have to KNOW the nugget!
½ December 15, 2007
omg i love this movie i loved stephen curry he is the best this movie may even me my favourite movie of all time
½ December 12, 2007
Passe... Worst ending ever?