The Wendell Baker Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wendell Baker Story Reviews

January 27, 2016
The characters are kind of funny, but you never really care for anyone of them. The pretty boring story doesn't help either.
July 4, 2014
So bad ...........had to turn it off half way through ... hard to believe I made it that far.
June 18, 2014
Light on humor but big on heart The Wendell Baker story is uneven but has enough charisma to overcome all it's faults to at least provide a heartwarming film about an ex-con who loves people and just wants to do the right thing. Some disappointing roles by Will Ferrel (not the actors fault just wasted by the director) and Owen Wilson (same boat as Ferrel). The Wendell Baker story is not a defining moment in anyone's career but it isn't too bad of a film.
November 21, 2013
Have you seen Bottle Rocket w/ the two brothers. This ought to be one of the most under-rated movies to hit the screen. It EVEN has Will Ferrel in it! It was to release on May 18!?
June 10, 2013
nothing can save this junk.
February 28, 2013
More Will Ferrell would have made this a classic!
½ February 15, 2013
I actually liked Kris Kristofferson better than anyone else in the movie.
December 9, 2012
A decent flick, not great. Luke Wilson does a good job in a Owen Wilson type role.
September 20, 2012
I was in blockbuster looking for something new to watch and this dvd was there and I bought it cuz the Wilson brothers were in it...this film is good clean fun but evertime I watch this movie it has good vibes but I'm on the fence on how I feel about it so I'm giving it half

RENT
September 15, 2012
storyline is very simple.. easy to understand the movie flow.. anything that comes with comedy, i like it!
½ September 13, 2012
Boring and slow. No good punchlines and the cast was ok but not the story or acting.
½ August 21, 2012
nice movie for a relaxing saturday night...

circleville store moment :))
the moment with i'll try... :D
June 9, 2012
a lighthearted writing and directing exercise from the (in my mind anyways) always attractive luke wilson. not as great as i hoped it would be, as luke proves he is a lot less esoteric a screenwriter than his older brother.
½ March 12, 2012
luke wilson and his brother andrew seem to be trying to channel wes anderson here but it doesn't work. luke wilson plays wounded characters really well but the story is all over the place. there were some cool sequences but overall, not worth it.
January 23, 2012
Really great in a low-key sort of way.
January 3, 2012
I love Owen and Luke Wilson, but this film was pretty awful. It's no wonder that barely anyone has heard of it.
December 12, 2011
Don't get all pissed off cause I am about to say"Wendell..you rock"!~
½ November 29, 2011
A little too slow paced, but still a good movie.
November 24, 2011
Had potential but was a mish-mash story with underdeveloped character relationships. Wanted to like it...
½ October 21, 2011
that was really funny at parts :D