The Banshee Chapter Reviews

• Jan 30, 2020

Unfortunately, the plot surrounding the government mind control and drug, and how they relate to what is going on in the movie, are a bit confused and disorganized. The distraction of trying to figure out why things are happening takes away from the build up of tension, leaving only the jump scare to get the pulse racing.

• Jul 02, 2019

This film will shake you to your core. Watch it at night and get ready to be creeped out. The tension is so high you feel it for hours after watching. A truly horrifying watch even after many rewatches.

• Jul 08, 2018

Very creepy and very good jump scares, but the plot (or lack of one) made no sense.

• Jul 26, 2017

I liked this and scares really are good scares!

I liked this and scares really are good scares!

• May 10, 2017

This was a surprising movie to say the least. While a bit of a slow burn, the film carries an eerie intensity pretty much the whole way through. The character depth could have been fleshed out a little more, but the unique premise, great storyline, and solid performances by Ted Lavine and Katia Winter more than make up for it. Definitely not your average horror movie, and originality like this is a huge breath of fresh air in a genre plagued by sequels and remakes. Thumbs up for sure.

• Oct 29, 2016

Halloween 2016 watch

Halloween 2016 watch

• Jul 23, 2016

Disappointingly standard in which it gets kind of boring but not boring enough to turn it off before the end.

• Jun 20, 2016

This part found footage, part traditional horror film will have you freaked out and looking over your shoulder, I promise. The plot is very average, about a women who is searching for her friend who took some government issued chemical and then disappeared. While the dialogue and storyline might not be that intriguing The Banshee Chapter gets one thing right, and that is the scares. It seems like every 15 minutes there is a tense scene where something is lurking in the dark and then out of nowhere you see a freaky image for a split second and all hell breaks loose. They crafted the horror moments so well that it will have almost everyone looking for the stop button or light switch. You may only see the "monsters" for a second or two at a time but those seconds are enough to instill fear into your heart. The final scenes are very intense and I was kind of glad it ended so I could turn the lights on. I love a good scary movie, one that really scares me and this film did that very well.

• Apr 08, 2016

3/5 Banshee Chapter is like a big, messy cheeseburger with everything on it. There are some delicious things to be tasted, but personally there are elements which simply don't work for me (I hate tomatoes). And even though that burger falls apart in your hands, it still satisfies you to some degree in the end. This is Banshee Chapter. A film with a brilliant concept and some genuinely terrifying scenes, while also feeling like wasted potential for something greater. Some moments are rife with nail-biting tension and then followed up with a typical, disappointing jump-scare. Speaking of jump-scares, this movie has quite a lot of them but only a couple truly stand out from the crowd. Even when it comes to characters and stakes, Banshee Chapter is fairly uneven. I'm so conflicted by this movie...I'm also very hungry.

• Apr 07, 2016

If nothing else, The Banshee Chapter proves that jump scares can still be... scary.