The Boss Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boss Baby Reviews

July 12, 2018
Cute story with some really funny and playful visuals. It's more physical comedy is particular really shines at times.
July 2, 2018
Y'all just a bunch of hoes cuz u relly cant appreciate this masterpiece. Get lost haters. I'm dabbing on you so hard rn smh
½ June 28, 2018
There are very rare occasions in which the film is actually funny. Its fine for a kid movie to have some toilet humor but not when 95% of the jokes are based on it. It has heart warming moment near the end but thats mostly the only highlight of this annoying movie.
June 27, 2018
My son and I really loved the Boss Baby. We watched it several time.
This movie is full humorous references from 70s childhood and more recent movies (Lord of the Ring). It is about brotherhood and the world seen through the eyes of a seven and a half years kid.
June 26, 2018
Even more bat-shit than you expect.
June 23, 2018
This whole movie can be summed up in 3 letters... WTF
½ June 21, 2018
The Boss Baby is directed by the man who gave us Megamind and the Madagascar film series. This is sad for a man who could make those. Alec Baldwin is probably the best actor in the film. He is funny with his otherwise idiotic role, and in some moments, he is the only reason the see this film. The animation is great in this film, and that is to be expected. The voice work is meh. The two main actors who make the film worth it are Tobey Maguire and Alec Baldwin. The child actor who plays Tim is pretty bad, and most of the baby actors are bad. The ending is pretty bad if you think about it. There are things implied by the ending that make the film seem wrong. It sets up for a sequel, which will probably be worst than this one. The jokes are also bad. In one scene, Boss Baby starts screaming, "Suck it!" at Tim. There is a chubby kid who is played as a big joke. The film's logic also implies that a kid on a bike can go about 100 miles per hour, and somehow a baby that is produced by a mom is made in a factory and is taken to marketing? This film is horrible. I am disappointed by it's very existence. I am going to give The Boss Baby a 55%. See this movie if you love awful movies or kids movies. Don't see this if you want something intelligent.
June 2, 2018
I really didn't want to see this movie, I really thought it looked like trash. There are in my mind 4 types of kids movies: the ones both kids and adults can enjoy and will leave an important impact on the child, the one's that really aren't for adults but for kids they're harmless enough, the ones that lack any effort because people think hey it's a kids movie so who cares, and finally the ones that are straight up harmful for kids to watch. The Boss Baby looked like it fit firmly into that third category, not the worst, but we can do better. But I work in a classroom and we were having a movie day, and between this and The Emoji Movie (which I'd probably put in that last category) The Boss Baby wins.
Honestly though...I didn't hate it. I mean, it's a bad movie, don't get me wrong. Just in its premise it's incredibly stupid, it's surprisingly confusing, and even with all that it's still somehow manages to be unbearably predictable. Then there's the humor. Most of it's bad, really bad. Like "hey look, a butt, isn't that hilarious?" level bad. Look I'm not expecting high art from The Boss Baby, but when the jokes are quite literally at the same level of both quality and immaturity that I hear from the most immature kindergartners in my classroom, I feel like that's a problem. The first half of this movie, sucks. Straight up, it's just awful. It's a garbage movie with garbage characters and garbage plot and I hated it.
Weird thing is though, it picks up in the second half. The humor still goes for the cheap shots, but every now and then there were some genuinely funny jokes. Maybe it was because I was so used to garbage and I just wasn't expecting it, but there were a handful of moments in this movie (mostly near the end) that actually got pretty big laughs out of me. I also just like the animation in this movie. It's extremely quick and deliberate and you feel every impact made. I also liked how the boy's active imagination led to elaborate fantasy sequences and how these sequences were done in a new stylized way. On top of that Alec Baldwin's voice coming out of a baby is funny once you get past the creepy factor.
For a kid's movie, The Boss Baby is perfectly fine. There is a nice message buried in it about accepting a new sibling, and its harmless fun that they'll enjoy. For adults, it's not worth seeking out on your own, but of all the things you could be forced to watch this one really isn't that bad. There were admittedly things about it I did enjoy, and I did get a few good laughs out of it. Is it good? God no, but it could have been a lot worse.
½ May 29, 2018
Meh. Good for a couple of laughs but not worth watching again.
½ May 9, 2018
funny and enjoyable animated movie, look forward to the sequel
½ May 6, 2018
Godawful garbage, trying to normalize or humanize the worst aspects of capitalism. includes kids laughing about a groin-kick to a 7-year-old. And also, a blowjob joke between the 7-y-o and the "baby."

Hard pass on this one.
½ April 14, 2018
What the PHUCK did I just watch ...
April 14, 2018
I'm not a crier. I haven't cried over a movie since Hachi. Not even Inside Out got me teary eyed, but this one had me bawling. I know this gets a lot of hate, maybe it just touched a personal nerve for me, but it had me laughing and crying the whole time. Also I was pleasantly surprised that it was family appropriate humor. This is one I want my kids to see. Overall a fun take on a cute premise with satisfying catharsis.
½ April 14, 2018
Not sure why this movie is rated so low. I don't think this movie was intended to be a masterpiece or anything, but overall, it was a fun movie to watch. I probably wouldn'y go out of my way to watch it against, which is why I only gave it 3.5 stars. But it's definitely a movie I would watch with the kids. It's definitely got it's funny moments, a couple of which the kids might not get. Overall, a very solid movie, but not one that I would watch over and over again by any means.
The premise is incomprehensible
½ April 11, 2018
The defiance of its own reality makes for a weird experience, even by a child's standards.
½ April 11, 2018
Not child friendly. Humor is crass, politically charged and absolutely in poor taste for children.
April 10, 2018
Alec Baldwin is the star off this film
April 4, 2018
Let us change the diaper of the movie that will make you spend 8$ to see a baby in a suit.
THE BOSS BABY
After Smurfs, my expectations aren't high for animation right now. So when a such a weird movie comes out, you can't fail to take notice, despite how passable it really is. The Boss Baby is one of the year's average mainstream animation offerings that is neither incredibly fun for parents nor kids. Alec Baldwin is a perfect fit for this nuisance of a toddler character but apart from its clever use of 3D and a riveting beginning, the film doesn't do much. One thing that becomes common knowledge once you develop and coherent way of thinking about cinema is that plot doesn't matter that much to the quality of the film but this is one example where the plot would always keep the movie from being good - in no way shape or form would I be invested in such a braindead, corporate-America digested plot that the only way we have to know it wasn't written by a 5 year-old is because it lacks imagination. Also, comparisons with Storks must abound: uncharacteristic feel, straight-forward plot, unfunny gags and pacing issues. It follows a (baby) formula whose acts are predictability so timed that you know what's happening next. Yet, what bugs me the most might be the animation, joining the ranks of movies that lack a visually captivating aesthetic to their characters, designing their "world" as an unmemorable made for TV animated series made in Scandinavia. That is specially surprising considering the studio behind it. DreamWorks has brought you Shrek and Kung Fu Panda and then decides not to give a damn and release Penguins of Madagascar, Home, Trolls and then this, decreasing gradually in quality. And as evidenced by the already announced Trolls 2, it works so... keep releasing films like the Boss Baby which is, in many ways, like the kid who is teething so hard he keeps biting everything within reach until all is covered with uninspired drool, not realizing that all problems could be solved if they just... took... a nap!
½ April 3, 2018
This movie was absolute garbage. Sometimes I wonder if this type of thing was written and directed by schizophrenic monkeys on a mix of marijuana, cocaine, and heroin! The jokes are cliched and subpart, there was nothing resembling legitimate character development, and the entire plot was based around people hating each other! I have nothing else to say.