The Boss Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boss Baby Reviews

December 16, 2017
While I do despise the often used "this is how my life was and this is how it ended" cliché, not to mention that the talking baby routine has, in fact, already been used quite a bit (i.e. Look Who's Talking, etc), I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of clever thinking that went into grafting such characters and their interaction over a silly and albeit thin plot. Not that I expect much of a movie that's marketed towards family and kids, but that's kinda the point. I may have only watched it on a whim, but I have to say that I found amusing, cute, and goofy nature of it all to be a nice change from the usual family movie, even if you're left to wonder if the older kid might be from the sweeter side of spoiled.
December 12, 2017
Harmless though forgettable, alright for background noise if nothing else.
December 9, 2017
My kids love this movie, and I think it's so sweet!
½ December 8, 2017
Basically, the only people to whom The Boss Baby appeals are children young enough to still be entertained by jingling keys.
½ December 8, 2017
This is a big step back for dream works and only proves that it's still a laughing stock right now ( Ala trolls and home). or maybe they just saved up their creativity for Captain underpants.
December 5, 2017
Oh god, they're making a sequel.
December 2, 2017
Enjoyable if you are below the age of 12 or have the intelligence of a child. Go enjoy another movie, this isn't worth the time.
December 2, 2017
I don't understand the negative reviews for this movie. It's entertaining, and it's funny. It has plenty of heart, and at the end of the day it's a kids, cartoon movie. It's meant to be cartoony. I laughed out loud several times, and teared up at least once, and my 3 year old was glued to the screen. Such a great kids movie with heart.
November 29, 2017
The movie was a waste of time. I thought the only good parts in this movie was Jimbo, and Tims imagination. My only question after the movie was. Why would a person not have baby and get a dog. That means that people population will go down. And then there would be no more humans. So in conclusion there will be no humans to love a dog because human population will be 0. That why I didn't like this movie. Bu even worse I hated it. The was trying to be funny but turned out, to be kicked off the plank.
November 29, 2017
Absolutely love this movie. Hoping for a sequel.
November 27, 2017
Overall, (excluding all of the numerous scenes of baby bums and potty humor), I found "The Boss Baby" delightful and full of characters I would like to see again.
November 26, 2017
So I thought this movie was fun. It had some really good one liners.
½ November 26, 2017
Great escape from current reality movie. Cute. Able to turn off thinking for the duration.
½ November 26, 2017
The Boss Baby is one of DreamWorks weaker movies with a generic story, some forgettable characters, some immature baby humor, confusing moments, and some wierd moments. It has some good things like nice animation, Alec Baldwin as The Boss Baby, a few funny moments, and some imaginative moments. 5/10 or 2.5 out of 5.
November 24, 2017
I honestly thought that I would hate this movie, but it was actually not horrible. There were some pretty funny jokes for both adults and kids. I wouldn't say that I'd recommend this movie, but it's a good movie to watch if you are bored or you need to entertain young children.
½ November 22, 2017
The film as a whole is kind of a mixed bag. However, I do think the last 10 minutes is pretty satisfying....at least for a movie like this.
November 22, 2017
the imagination scenes were fantastic
½ November 21, 2017
Better than some recent animated flops
November 17, 2017
What a funny and cute animated film. The boss baby is really good I know a lot of people hate the film but you know what I don't care it was good,funny, and cute plus the animation was beautiful. Love the film and I can wait for the second film awesome job and what a good animated film love it.
November 17, 2017
Ok...so there are some funny parts to this film and my two daughters enjoyed it and found it good, my 11 year especially. However, I am just not ok with this film at all. I mean, it's incredibly weird and creepy. There is a lot more adult humour than is necessary. If I take my daughter's to see a child's movie then I expect to see a child's movie, I don't need to be entertained with 'adult humour that quite honestly is just rude jokes.
This film is weird, like come on, it's a grown man (grown man's brain etc) inside the body of a baby; a baby that is bathed, fed, changed etc, including dirty dipers/nappies. This grown man inside a baby's body is also naked on quite a few occasions, including when he gets put into the bath with his naked brother! So it appears that a baby is in the bath with his Seven year old brother. But in actual fact, it's a grown man (with a voice of at least 40 years) in the bath with a seven year old boy.
The "baby" also has the seven year old changing, cleaning and applying talcum powder to his bare bottom.
This for me, is incredibly and weirdly wrong on a few levels and I was shocked to say the least.
This film definitely did not sit right with me. Surely I'm not the only one?!