The Command (Kursk) Reviews

• Nov 17, 2020

An accurate portrayal of the Kursk Disaster with some liberties taken on the story. Heart wrenching, beautiful, and well shot. A great movie to watch on a slow night. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Sep 21, 2020

its not fullscreen on Netflix. Don't bother seeing it, I left it after about 20 minutes in.

• Sep 05, 2020

Kursk is basically a less exciting remake of K19: The Widowmaker except without the radiation. Apparently the facts are inaccurate so I've knocked some points off for that because if you base a film on real events, it should at least be accurate. The plot wasn't what I'd call entertaining and there was too much focus on the main character's wife and child as opposed to the disaster. Barely anything happens in the film besides the wives criticising the Russian military and watching the sailors shiver in cold water. The film was just bland, the ending was predictable at a certain point, and the topic has been done before. The acting was fine but far from impressive, the writing was uninteresting, and the stupidity of the rescue submarine having a battery that lasts 5 minutes was irritating (perhaps that's actually what happened mind you). The cinematography and soundtrack were ok, and the visual effects were acceptable. All in all, not worth a watch.

• Aug 05, 2020

Fairly solid dramatization of the actual catastrophe with good production value and a capable cast is more focused on the personal tragedies and less on the political scandal, dubiously omitting Vladimir Putin's role in it completely.

• Jul 14, 2020

I mean it's a reasonable story of how bureaucracy can kill people. The bravest people. The types of people who deserved better from their commanders.

• May 17, 2020

Was a great movie.Very moving silent statement at the end!

Was a great movie.Very moving silent statement at the end!

• Jan 29, 2020

Somewhat uneven but with good performances it keeps ones attention on a rainy day.

• Jan 25, 2020

So difficult to convey a catastrophic event without overdoing the drama and yet giving the audience the experience of being there.

• Jan 17, 2020

The film realistically conveys the feeling of hope and anger that the whole country felt. Thanks. If you think that the bureaucrats will not destroy the World, then good luck.

• Jan 13, 2020

We all know that political and religious leaders, as well as often enough simple arrogant bureaucrats control and determine our lives a lot more than we ourselves. Thus if you don't want to wake up with a knot in your throat and your gut, you might not want to watch this movie as it will make you reflect on our inability to fight the powers above. Though it's quite a good flick with decent acting by some of the cast, the 2 hours of entertainment are not worth the infliction that one feels in one's heart for hours or days afterwards. It's a good drama showing much more of the personal life and situation of people involved, but though most of us know what happened to the Kursk submarine on the 12th of August 2000, I personally had no idea, that .... if you still want to see the movie, stop reading here!!!!!.................................. that two dozen sailors could, in fact, have been rescued if it hadn't been for the arrogant nationalistic arrogance and attitude of some Russian superiors. Though I myself don't care to much for the life of career soldiers (especially in countries where military services are voluntary and a matter of choice of people who seemingly love to shot at somebody and thus kill or maim), one still feels sorry for those sailors at the bottom of the ocean, knowing that some stupid arrogant pencil pushers think that their duty is not only to serve their country, but also to die for it, even absolutely senselessly! Once again this movie lit my inner flame against all military installations and services across the planet. If nobody has a weapon anymore it would be a lot harder (though not impossible) to kill dozens, thousands or even millions by the preposterous decision of one asshole at the top of command. 5/10 points