The Host - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Host Reviews

April 11, 2018
i am looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this movie
February 27, 2018
I could care less what other people say. This movie was awesome and the Book was Great too. I loved this Book/Movie...I got my Beloved sister to start reading with this Book.. Opened her Mind to the Universe of Reading..
½ February 11, 2018
Instead of making the most of its interesting premise and a strong lead performance from Saoirse Ronan, The Host instead suffers from bad writing, bad directing, and the fact that it stretches a potentially 95 minute story into a 125 minute boring dud. Despite the previously mentioned performance from Saoirse Ronan and several unintentionally funny moments, the film takes itself way too seriously, which only succeeds in making it worse. What little action there is is mostly dull and unentertaining, and the dialogue is painfully unoriginal. It pains me to be writing such a bad review, because I went into this movie really wanting to like it, but there's not even enough good to count as a good excuse to watch it once. Alright, I will admit that the film's visual aesthetic is unexpectedly impressive, but even that's not enough to make up for how boring, lazy, long, and generally bad it is. This movie is simply more proof that a Stephenie Meyer book does not make a good movie. For those looking for a better movie to watch and appreciate Saoirse Ronan's talent, see the movie How I Live Now from the same year. Whatever you do, don't watch this movie on date night. Your date will fall asleep.
½ February 9, 2018
Wasn't terrible. I'd watch it again.
½ January 29, 2018
I personally really liked this movie. I am really shocked it was written by the same writer as Twilight.
I liked the plot, the characters and the music. I watch it at least twice a year and every time I enjoy it so, I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Szerintem ez egy jó film, a kritikusok 9%-a ne ijesszen el senkit.
½ January 24, 2018
I don't know why I liked this movie, but I did. I am only giving it 2 1/2 stars, mostly because the writing and directing is particularly bad. Strangely enough, though I am giving it a lower score. I have watched it twice and simply enjoyed it... don't ask me why, it makes no sense :) .... I liked it much much much better than Star Wars: The Last Jedi which in my mind is perhaps the most rancid movie I have seen to date.
January 16, 2018
With its sci-fi, it's thoroughly intriguing, but its romance, as should be expected from Stephanie Meyer, is just messy. Plus, there are plenty of weak moments that seem wacky ["store"!] or nonsensical.
½ December 31, 2017
My all time favorite book. Movie was awful when will they learn to make a movie like the book of that want their fas to like it?
½ December 24, 2017
Trash garbage movie.
December 13, 2017
Loved it!!!! Very underrated movie. A must see
December 13, 2017
A little slower but more thought out. an excellent movie imo one that should have done alot better. However people are comparing it to twilight when it's not even in the same category. Overall I loved it!!!!!
December 2, 2017
One of my Favorite movies. Emotional, meaningful and entertaining.
½ November 7, 2017
The movie is totally unfaithfull to the book, transforming an exiting and different story into a dull love triangle. It really makes me sad about the way the movie turned out.
½ September 29, 2017
The mediocrity of the book is successfully transferred to the screen in this story of a love quadrangle set during an alien invasion of Earth.

IMDB says this movie cost $40 million to make but I'm left wondering where did all the money go? Everything about The Host is so cheap. The acting (yes, even William Hurt) is cheap, the musical score is generic, and the sets look like they were borrowed from a syndicated TV show.
September 3, 2017
I gotta say that I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. Maybe you need to have read the book to like the movie, but like it I did. Maybe even loved it. I was super impressed by how they managed to put that internal conflict on screen and the souls themselves. Make your own judgment and give this movie a chance.
August 11, 2017
2017-08-11 way better than expected, even though there were some plot gaps
August 7, 2017
A total useless dance between alien rationality and a girl who tries to be hard, which brings you to boredom as soon as he meets the boy. Dialogues entirely casual written in desperate, typical Meyer. The more I appreciate Saoirse Ronan, the more I hate this movie
½ July 29, 2017
Well, my girlfriend asked me to go with and I obliged. It was pretty excruciating. To be fair, afterwards even SHE apologized for dragging me along. Unless you are a Fan, buyer best beware!
½ July 7, 2017
Don't hate it, but find the romance to be bland.