The Host - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Host Reviews

July 13, 2016
Ronan, you're so much better than this! I love you so much but you make a very wrong decision with this stupid movie. The book isn't even good but it actually readable. This movie is not!
June 28, 2016
Awesome movie! Great for teens
June 25, 2016
I dont even remember it
½ June 20, 2016
I'm a tough critic, but this movie was way better than the 8% suggests. It wasn't blockbuster material, but it had nice visuals, nice actors, and a somewhat interesting premise. It was a nice experience, if you like a little sci-fi teen romance.
½ June 17, 2016
The Host, adaptation d'un livre de Stephenie Meyer, n'a pas grand-chose pour lui, tant le film est extrêmement compliqué, absurdement long et sans réel intérêt à cause d'enjeux dramatiques bien trop flous alors que le principe n'est pas forcément mauvais. C'est vraiment dommage car Andrew Niccol est tout de même très talentueux et parvient tout de même à délivrer quelques jolis plans et deux ou trois scènes réussies, tandis que les acteurs sont quasiment tous bons, Saoirse Ronan et Jake Abel en tête. Malheureusement pour le spectateur, la meilleure séquence du film est un cliffhanger pour une suite qui n'arrivera probablement jamais. The Host n'est pas une catastrophe, mais on n'en était pas loin.
June 8, 2016
That was a great movie, true to the book. I appreciated it.
C'était vraiment un bon film, qui est resté authentique au livre et j'ai bien apprécié.
May 14, 2016
It is obvious that Ronan is capable of making just about anything float....she met her match. This sci fi is convoluted and disconnected. I think she is about the finest actress in Hollywood, maybe now after "Brooklyn" she can be a little more selective.
May 1, 2016
Full of interesting ideas as you would expect from a film directed and written by Andrew Niccol. I was almost put off by all the negative critics but because I liked his other films I gave it a try and I'm glad I did.
April 20, 2016
This is the type of movie you would actually call Redbox to get your one dollar refunded. Saying this movie is boring is still giving it to much credit. If I could rate this movie a -10 I would. This movie drags on until you want to kill yourself. My girlfriend wanted to watch this movie and had to sit there and watch it with her. When you think the movie is finally over, it's not. It keeps on going and going. Buy this movie as a birthday present if you are trying to piss someone off. Or make your husband watch this movie with you if you want to get him back for something.
April 11, 2016
Freaking love this movie.
April 10, 2016
I love this movie its so romantic and has a lot of drama and twists in.â?¤â?¤â?¤â?¤ð???ð???ð???
March 8, 2016
Never in my life had I fallen asleep in a movie theater; then I watched "The Host."

Worthy of a bad movie night and that's it.
March 5, 2016
I really don't understand how this film has such poor reviews.

I am especially happy about the ending. I didn't want Wanda to have to die. She seemed unlike the other seekers. So, the idea that she saved a human that would have otherwise died was touching. I was happy to see that she still had a chance to stay with the others. I was glad that there were others like her and that there were more human survivors.
February 28, 2016
Book was great. Movie not so much. My favourite scene from the movie was believe it or not the credits.
February 13, 2016
In my opinion I thought it was a really good film I think all of these film critics are to script you have actually hit to listen to the film to get it I thought the film was incredibly magical I loved it
February 9, 2016
Critics sometimes are wrong. This is one of those times. This movie doesn't work as a pure romance and is a little hokey at times but it is a powerful story of a woman's fight to survive and the alien being won over because of it. Well acted by Saoirse Ronan. Don't be turned off by its ties to Twilight. This is not that!
February 9, 2016
I really enjoyed it, more 4 women than men, found it funny in places 2. Worth goin 2 c !
February 5, 2016
While quite different from the book, the movie is equally as enticing!
January 24, 2016
This is Twilight with Invasion of the Body Snatchers with the passing of growing grass in dry weather, all mixed in one.
January 24, 2016
Great movie! One of my favorites!!