The Leisure Seeker Reviews

• Jun 05, 2019

The only thing surprising about this one was the way everything ended up. Couple in their twilight goes on one last adventure.

• Apr 12, 2019

The acting was superb and the old couple were very true to life except for the suicide, perhaps. Enjoyed this film.

• Mar 10, 2019

Slow and sad take about getting old, without hope.

Slow and sad take about getting old, without hope.

• Feb 01, 2019

And because the critics' reviews on this website have slatted this film, it doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it. Yes, it is slow paced, yes, it is contemplative, yes, it is not filled with lots of 'slap, bang, wallop' action sequences. This doesn't detract from the fine performances of Donald Sutherland and Helen Mirren and the topic of old age.

• Jan 04, 2019

For the most part, The Leisure Seeker is fairly predictable and repetitive, going through the motions of fun days and sad nights, along with badly-acted calls from their kids fretting about their whereabouts. The film ends on a forlorn note and is quite heartbreaking, despite its questionable legality. I imagine all those young-in-love characters in Nicholas Sparks* novels will eventually grow up to be this kind of couple with this kind of story. Read full review: jane-han.com/filmblog/2018/4/1/the-leisure-seeker-2018

• Dec 31, 2018

Euthanasia advocates movie. If you are an advocate then you may enjoy this depressing movie. Some of the reviews spoke of giving told folks the choice to end there life where is the love. Their children seemed to be loving and interested in their parents welfare. The message of the movie, Work, raise your children then go kill yourselves. I pray that when I reach this old couples age that my children donï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t advocate such a policy.

• Dec 30, 2018

While some critics called this picture meaningless I the message of love,forgiveness and seeking to live life to the end very meaningful.

• Dec 21, 2018

Not a bad film until the end which really destroyed the majority of the story. I'm not sure why the screenplay chose to complete a well-intentioned, well-acted and well-defined story in the manner that was eventually provided. I can think of several alternative endings that would have increased the strength of the years of life together in a marriage that would have demonstrated a greater amount of love.

• Dec 02, 2018

Great movie tackling a difficult subject. Sad but funny also

Great movie tackling a difficult subject. Sad but funny also

• Nov 25, 2018

It may be predictable to some, but it's a throwback to simpler story telling without sex or violence. It's a wonderful love story between two people who are facing old age the best they can. I guess younger audiences would be bored, but I wasn't. It's delightful, warm, funny and sad. If that doesnt interest you, dont watch.