The Lodgers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lodgers Reviews

July 16, 2018
I have seen a lot of horror movies but this one was a masterpiece. What a brilliant storyline. I don't think Stephen King has made anything this good.
June 21, 2018
See this as soon as possible.
June 21, 2018
Just the greatest atmosphere.
June 16, 2018
Moody and drippy with atmosphere while the story is lack to down right bizarre at the end.
May 16, 2018
A very impressive gothic chiller. Very atmospheric, beautiful, eerie and unnerving. Superb central performance from Charlotte Vega
May 15, 2018
Without spoilers, The Lodgers overall takes a format that I have seen a lot in the past couple of years, it's a schematic that I was never the biggest fan of in the first place, and The Lodgers certainly is not the best of the bunch that have approached this sort of material in recent times.
½ March 21, 2018
Have you ever chewed a brown paper bag? That's more horror than you get in this movie. Bland all the way through not worth the $7.99 to rent it.
March 12, 2018
MIS À PART UNE PHOTOGRAPHIE QUI A UN CERTAIN CHARME, THE LODGERS N'EST NI EFFRAYANT, NI INTÉRESSANT ET MALHEUREUSEMENT, MÊME PAS ORIGINAL. À ÉVITER
March 11, 2018
It's a haunting movie. It draws the viewer in, and mixes fear and suspense. It's not the typical horror film that just looks for shock and awe. The movie is well made, and the acting is superb.
½ March 9, 2018
Slow moving, but a good movie. An unfortunate ending.
March 9, 2018
Really loveD this film, Havent seen a gotHic ghost story this strong in a very loNg time.
March 6, 2018
Although Charlotte Vega does a pretty good job, Bill Milner's acting was a bit off at times, even funny on a couple of occasions.

"The Lodgers" has an interesting premise but fails to develop it further thus ultimately falling short of being engaging & entertaining. The film tries to take a dive into the gothic nature of the 20th Century but at the end it just scratches the surface.

(Updated from 02/03/2018)
March 4, 2018
I was engrossed in this movie from the beginning. The beautiful visuals grabbed me right away but I was kept by the performances, particularly Charlotte Vega's. The film moves at a pace that allows its elements to be absorbed by the viewer.
March 2, 2018
It's a good gothic horror film. Beautiful shots of the derelict mansion, costumes were on point, plot was surprising, and the actors were fantastic. If you're a fan of Game of Thrones, you'll be pleasantly surprised by some of the cast members and the oddly familiar characters they play. Bill Milner from i-Boy plays the creepy brother Edward, and delivered the creepiest creepy brother since Michael Myers. This movie is one of those that may not have had as big of a buzz in the USA as say "the woman in black (2012)" or "the others (2001)" but it has everything else, from the big name cast, the film quality, the costumes, the overall feel of a great gothic horror movie. Definitely watch it.
March 1, 2018
Gets a full star for a fairly interesting idea. Gets minus stars for NONSENSE PLOT AND NONSENSE FOLLOW THROUGH.
March 1, 2018
A beautiful and haunting piece of gothic horror with captivating visuals and performances.
Definitely must see!!
½ February 27, 2018
There were some parts I didn't quite understand; mainly because I wasn't fully watching the movie but the parts I understood was okay. Some scenes were very aesthetic but overall it was a bit dull.
February 25, 2018
Really liked this film. Great performances, really creepy, and amazing cinematography. Definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of gothic horror.
½ February 25, 2018
Nice Gothic atmosphere, but something about it just does not quite work. Still worth taking a look at if you are in a gothic mood