The Muppets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muppets Reviews

½ March 26, 2017
The Muppets (2011) - brings back the beloved Jim Henson creations and puts them in a whole new batch of funny and surprisingly heartfelt situations. It's a perfect love letter to those who are fans of the Muppets and even if your aren't familiar or a major fan, don't worry because this movie still works as a stand alone film. The heart is probably what works the most as it shows what the characters have been going through since they went their separate ways. They keep this theme going of the world moving on and the fans forgetting about the Muppets for who they used to be which can have it's emotional moments that fans and no fans will surely empathize with. The movie also keeps it's campy style humor which is very common in the Muppet movies. I find it the most funny when they break the 4th wall or when the make fun of their own intentional inconsistencies. Your favorite Muppet pals are still the same as before and they still keep respect to what their personalities are. They also feature a new Muppet named Walter who is the main character and is a huge fan of the Muppets. He's very likable and his loyalty really helps bring the gang back together. Like many other Muppet movies, there are a lot of celebrities both main and cameos. In short, all of them do a great job and they really understand the feel of being in a campy movie. A lot of the cinematography is shot beautifully and it works the best during the emotional song sequences. It also works in when the characters finally get the show going in the third act which is a lot of fun. The overall feel of the film is so happy and bright, it almost feels like something that "Sesame Street" would try to replicate. The music is catchy and a lot of fun. A lot of the songs are bouncy and energetic like "Life's a happy song" which is my personal favorite. Other songs like "Pictures in my head can be very heartfelt and will surely have Muppet fans drowning in tears. The Muppets have come back in a whole new limelight and are even better than they ever were. If Jim Henson was still alive, I'm sure he'd be proud of Disney for respecting something that was special to him as it was special to millions of other people (A)
½ March 25, 2017
Honestly, one of the best movies I've seen in 2011 and I can't get it out of my head.
½ March 23, 2017
Sebagai salah satu penikmat film musikal, beberapa opening act yang ditampilkan film ini sebetulnya memiliki lagu-lagu yang menarik. Entah kenapa, menurut saya, beberapa adegan-adegan tersebut kurang mengena, sehingga mungkin akan mudah terlupakan.
March 16, 2017
This movie is funny and nostalgic, you and your kids can have a great time watching this film.
February 23, 2017
Cute movie. I'd recommend seeing it.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 15, 2016
Muppets are back and this movie was just ok it had funny moments! My favorite part was the song with Kermit, Miss Piggy the song called the lovers the dreamer and me.
½ December 4, 2016
The Muppets is a cute movie. It is about a Muppet fanatic with some help from his two human compatriots must regroup the Muppet gang to stop an avaricious oil mogul. Amy Adams and Jason Segel give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written. James Bobin did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the adventure and humor.
½ December 2, 2016
Really good full of joy and laughter, very original and heartwarming
½ December 1, 2016
Great movie that was surprisingly funny and heartfelt.
½ November 13, 2016
Really funny! Had some good laughs with this Muppet movie!
November 11, 2016
Best muppets movie of all time,best movie of 2011, and best live action Disney movie.
October 22, 2016
This movie blow my life, is perfect in all senses.
½ October 10, 2016
The Muppets is for sure a great movie for kids (but also for grown ups): genuinely funny, educational and heartfelt.
Jack Black offers in roughly two minutes of appearance one of his most hilarious performances ever.
All in all, a very charming and charismatic movie.
September 23, 2016
Fun and enjoyable reminder of what made The Muppets great.
½ September 4, 2016
Nothing will touch the original Muppet Movie, but this film is both the closest thing to a post-Henson comeback that we'll ever see and a love letter to Henson's legacy. When you consider just how lackluster the Muppets became as the years rolled on, this really is a triumph.
½ August 5, 2016
Majorly plagerises the plot for Blues Brothers.

-Important place will be closed down
-Trying to put a band (team) back together to stop it
-Travel the country assembling people
-Put on a big show, using the money to keep the place open
July 10, 2016
8.5/10
An exceptional take on a Muppets movie that was full of laughs and many outstanding songs. The Muppets also added a few new characters that fit right in with the fun and made the movie very enjoyable throughout. An awesomely enjoyable good time.
½ June 30, 2016
The Muppets is entertaining and will take you back to your childhood if you grew up with the Muppets. The movie is based of the Muppet Show, but you do not need to see any of the episodes to see the movie. The Muppets is hilarious and has an amazing plot. I would very much suggest this movie.