The Muppets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Muppets Reviews

½ September 7, 2017
So the old gang is back and Kermit the frog is always in charge to make sure his friends are all good it's a good movie I really think kids should see it, and when you see the movie if you have any favorite Muppet character you can see it when you watch the movie now my favorite is kermit the frog!
½ August 1, 2017
A great movie! a little bit too cutesy for a muppet movie, but it's really fun. The songs are great and will probably get stuck in your head.
½ July 18, 2017
I have never hated a muppet as much as I despised Walter. What a corporatist little runt, far more soulless and money-grubbing than even Tex Richman. I didn't buy his "sweetness" for a minute. Nor did I care for any of these self-indulgent celebrity cameos taking screen time away from my favorite muppets. I was kind of hoping those evil muppets from Labyrinth or at least The Dark Crystal would come in and fucking eat Walter, Jason Segel and Amy Adams, those anti-Muppetic cocksuckers.
June 25, 2017
B+
An exceptional take on a Muppets movie that was full of laughs and many outstanding songs. The Muppets also added a few new characters that fit right in with the fun and made the movie very enjoyable throughout. An awesomely enjoyable good time.
June 10, 2017
It's okay, that's about it.
½ May 16, 2017
I'll likely never forget "Am I a man or a muppet?" Charming film.
May 13, 2017
Una pelicula que cualquier fanatico o no fanatico de los Muppets debe ver!!!
May 7, 2017
The Muppets are getting the whole gang back together and my favorite character is Kermit the frog who is the leader.
½ March 26, 2017
The Muppets (2011) - brings back the beloved Jim Henson creations and puts them in a whole new batch of funny and surprisingly heartfelt situations. It's a perfect love letter to those who are fans of the Muppets and even if your aren't familiar or a major fan, don't worry because this movie still works as a stand alone film. The heart is probably what works the most as it shows what the characters have been going through since they went their separate ways. They keep this theme going of the world moving on and the fans forgetting about the Muppets for who they used to be which can have it's emotional moments that fans and no fans will surely empathize with. The movie also keeps it's campy style humor which is very common in the Muppet movies. I find it the most funny when they break the 4th wall or when the make fun of their own intentional inconsistencies. Your favorite Muppet pals are still the same as before and they still keep respect to what their personalities are. They also feature a new Muppet named Walter who is the main character and is a huge fan of the Muppets. He's very likable and his loyalty really helps bring the gang back together. Like many other Muppet movies, there are a lot of celebrities both main and cameos. In short, all of them do a great job and they really understand the feel of being in a campy movie. A lot of the cinematography is shot beautifully and it works the best during the emotional song sequences. It also works in when the characters finally get the show going in the third act which is a lot of fun. The overall feel of the film is so happy and bright, it almost feels like something that "Sesame Street" would try to replicate. The music is catchy and a lot of fun. A lot of the songs are bouncy and energetic like "Life's a happy song" which is my personal favorite. Other songs like "Pictures in my head can be very heartfelt and will surely have Muppet fans drowning in tears. The Muppets have come back in a whole new limelight and are even better than they ever were. If Jim Henson was still alive, I'm sure he'd be proud of Disney for respecting something that was special to him as it was special to millions of other people (A)
½ March 25, 2017
Honestly, one of the best movies I've seen in 2011 and I can't get it out of my head.
½ March 23, 2017
Sebagai salah satu penikmat film musikal, beberapa opening act yang ditampilkan film ini sebetulnya memiliki lagu-lagu yang menarik. Entah kenapa, menurut saya, beberapa adegan-adegan tersebut kurang mengena, sehingga mungkin akan mudah terlupakan.
March 16, 2017
This movie is funny and nostalgic, you and your kids can have a great time watching this film.
February 23, 2017
Cute movie. I'd recommend seeing it.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 15, 2016
Muppets are back and this movie was just ok it had funny moments! My favorite part was the song with Kermit, Miss Piggy the song called the lovers the dreamer and me.
½ December 4, 2016
The Muppets is a cute movie. It is about a Muppet fanatic with some help from his two human compatriots must regroup the Muppet gang to stop an avaricious oil mogul. Amy Adams and Jason Segel give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written. James Bobin did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the adventure and humor.
½ December 2, 2016
Really good full of joy and laughter, very original and heartwarming
½ December 1, 2016
Great movie that was surprisingly funny and heartfelt.
½ November 13, 2016
Really funny! Had some good laughs with this Muppet movie!
November 11, 2016
Best muppets movie of all time,best movie of 2011, and best live action Disney movie.