The Snowtown Murders Reviews

• Nov 01, 2018

Couldn't stand this movie it's too brutal

Couldn't stand this movie it's too brutal

• Jul 30, 2018

This is the best Australia film that has been made in the past decade. It devote so much time to the bleak poverty of the edges of Adelaide. The cast is amazing and the material is truly disturbing. Such a powerful film.

• Jan 15, 2018

Movie can get slow at times, but that's done on purpose to set the desired atmosphere. Overall the acting is great and the plot hits you like a punch to the gut.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Oct 07, 2017

Dark and disturbing in equal measure, this is an intelligent and well-acted character study about the roots of fascism within someone who wants an excuse to act on his psychopathy, as well as within those who accept to be led like cattle by the ones who are in power.

• Aug 04, 2017

Gritty true life story of Australians most notorious serial killer, similar to Hounds of Love a tough watch with some good performances and a very similar feel to Shane Meadows

• Jul 27, 2017

I love movies about real life crime. This has a good story behind it and some of the parts were intriguing. But at times the movie was hard to follow and jumped around a bit. There were no reasons why some of the people were killed, and there was nothing to show on how the character of John and the mother met. There were some powerful scenes but I gave a 2.5 because I wouldn't watch it again. I'm a bit surprised this has an 86% rating.

• Jul 15, 2017

Couldn't take but the first 20 minutes then had to let it go. Didn't like the conversations, the actors, the direction the film was going (whatever that was) nor the speed at which it was moving. Wasted my time.

• Apr 27, 2017

strange, creepy and very slow moving

strange, creepy and very slow moving

• Mar 25, 2017

Once you have the only character, and a child no less, that we might actually care about shooting a dog I'm out.

• Jan 16, 2017

Captivating and disgusting in equal measures, this slow burner of a movie about one of Australia's most brutal serial killers is fascinating, if you have the patience and maybe stomach for it.