The Switch Reviews

• Jan 12, 2021

Really good watch, would watch again, and can recommend. While the movie has the appropriate seriousness for a family reconnection, it is rather filled with humor, be it some is situational and goes quite a length to deliver a joke. It makes for a better drama than a comedy, but that sort of thing is bound to happen when the movie rides the line. I'm not a fan of Jennifer Aniston, but the role feels more whiner-baby than her usual fair. I am a fan of Jason Bateman, and I think he nails when to be funny, absurd, neurotic, or serious. For a movie about swapping sperm samples, it really is a powerful story. That family reconnection trope is excellent even without the absurdity of the premise.

• Nov 25, 2020

I love and absolutely adore this movie. It's not the same thing as every other romantic movie, and it's certainly unique in a world of uniformity. The story is heartwarming and sweet, and the characters are relatable. Perfect movie if you need a pick me up or if you just wanna watch something good.

• Jul 16, 2020

Despite knowing exactly how this movie is going to end within the first 10 minutes, the ride was enjoyable . If you like Bateman and Aniston you will enjoy . Maybe not love, but definitely enjoy 2.8. One thing is for certain this movie would never ever ever be made in 2020 that’s for sure . It cracked me up when he met the kid for the first time and came up whining about some health disorder like he does all the time . It’s not too believable he blacked out that hard and pieced it together with his coworker but it’s ok . Wholesome movie

• Jun 17, 2020

The script is terrible, it is as funny as a funeral, and the characters uninteresting.

• Apr 11, 2020

Soooo....Wally is an abuser. There's no such thing as "the friend zone." She wanted him as a friend. He wanted more. That doesn't make her evil. Locking your best friend on a balcony at a party to prevent her from speaking to a man she's interested in? Controlling. Lying to said man and suggesting that she's on drugs to scare him away? Manipulative. And switching the sperm sample that your friend was planning on using to have a baby, thus impregnating her, without her knowledge, with YOUR child? Rape. This movie is beyond offensive. Don't waste your time.

• Apr 05, 2020

Your average masterbateman romcom

Your average masterbateman romcom

• Apr 03, 2020

Fun, light, well acted, good story, happy ending, a few laughs, made my night.

Fun, light, well acted, good story, happy ending, a few laughs, made my night.

• Jul 09, 2019

Utter garbage. The plot is sick. And people enjoy this tragedy of a "comedy"? You people have worms for brains.

• Apr 01, 2019

A nice relaxing feel-good movie!

A nice relaxing feel-good movie!

• Mar 12, 2019

A movie I wouldn’t usually watch. Watched it with my wife .. was ok but a flat story and not an Oscar contender that’s for sure . Almost sad seeing some of these supporting actors do this movie. Imo.