Trash Humpers Reviews

• Aug 12, 2020

Trash Humper is a satire of American society with disturbing and uncomfortable moments.

• May 15, 2016

Not as good as its premise or trailer or the movie I thought it'd be in my head. Feels way underdone, like bread taken out of the toaster after 5 seconds in there. And Harmony's cackling is really grating and gets in the way of watching the dang thing. But there are okay moments and this probably could have been a pretty good 15 minute film, or visuals for a music video or something.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Feb 02, 2016

Easily one of the worst films I've ever seen, certainly the worst of Harmony Korine. I really enjoyed Gummo but this, this is complete garbage about 3 people wearing wrinkled masked pretending to be elderly people doing criminally insane things such as vandalizing property and desecrating items in a repetitive manner. There was no plot, no understanding of the characters and it was shot entirely with a cam recorder. There's absolutely nothing artistic about this film at all, it's disturbingly bad. I am appalled.

• Apr 30, 2015

MasterPiece of Shit. A golden turd.

MasterPiece of Shit. A golden turd.

• Apr 05, 2015

Too disjointed to be of any interest. If there's social commentary it's the "you had to be there" variety that is about some special class know to the film makers and their friends. I'm not sure where the horror tag comes from, unless it's that people are wearing masks.

• Feb 25, 2015

Seriously, go to so much hell.

Seriously, go to so much hell.

• Dec 31, 2014

How to rate, review, and describe Harmony Korine's Trash Humpers? WTF is the most concise response that springs to mind. To elaborate, the film celebrates VHS technology with its found footage aesthetic that demonstrates how non-HD cinema can still achieve unique heights of expression. Trash Humpers focuses upon not just marginalized individuals like the elderly but also upon marginal spaces like back alleys as it proceeds to explore people who refuse to adhere to society's expectations and instead seek to celebrate the marginal, different, and bizarre. Trash Humpers is a film that will not be accepted by most viewers because of its perversely aberrant nature; however, for those who are willing to grant its premise, they will find a film that challenges the status quo and interrogates both our marginalization of certain groups of people and our spatialization of geography in ways that deem certain areas as trashy.

• Nov 22, 2014

Like nothing I've ever seen before. Really, quite horrific. Love it.

Like nothing I've ever seen before. Really, quite horrific. Love it.

• Sep 02, 2014

A modern day masterpiece!

A modern day masterpiece!

• Sep 02, 2014

This movie literally gave me a nose-bleed. In a theatre. All I had was a bandana and a plastic cup.