Van Helsing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Van Helsing Reviews

July 13, 2017
This was my favorite movie in high school. Still don't understand why the critics rated this so poorly.
½ June 19, 2017
Sommers writes a decent story, but then utterly fails in his direction. The lone bright spots were its ideas and Wenham, the rest is pretty bad.
½ June 19, 2017
I know how much effort they made for this movie, but still i think it was just for enjoying actions. I am depressed. It could have been better than this.
½ June 18, 2017
Long, fancy silliness.
June 16, 2017
It's extremely silly, always absurd, and downright dumb, but the frenetic energy but into the nonstop action, along with great visual effects and a raucously fun adventure make Van Helsing surmountable stupidity all the more fun and exciting.
June 10, 2017
It's amazing that a movie as entertaining as Van Helsing could only get 23% from the critics. Well, they're morons! I'm hoping for a sequel. That could happen given it grossed over $300 million worldwide which means they about doubled their investment. Van Helsing II?
June 9, 2017
This Film Was Film Critic Jay Sherman's Tenth Worst Film Of 2004.
½ June 7, 2017
Too much crappy CGI! No horror! Cliches, cliches!!
May 17, 2017
I love it. I own it currently on dvd. It is a low budget movie one can tell. It feels like an omage to those old black and white horror movies and yet is an action movie. It isn't meant to be scary, but thrilling. Yeah the CGI might be over done at points, however the actors are totally enjoying themselves And the CGI is done well enough not to take you out the movie.
March 20, 2017
Crap, bullshit. Stephen Sommers is the worst kind of director: does nothing for a few years as he lives off the earnings of his last project, then out of the blue produces a hugely successful but god-awful flick, only to disappear again having racked in his millions. He's not a film-maker, he's a film-raper. The poor character use and terrible acting completely suffocate this film from start to finish.
Robbanflix
February 4, 2017
One great vampire / monster movie and good actors :)
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
Idc what the rating says, I've loved this movie for forever. It's so much fun! And the music is amazingly addictive. Just listen!
½ November 20, 2016
I know it's campy, but I liked this movie. Similar to the Mummy in embracing the story and going for it. Fun action fantasy.
November 1, 2016
great movie after follow up from the cartoon version prequel.
½ October 15, 2016
Hideous waste of time and talent. Everything that can go wrong went wrong and how.
October 13, 2016
This movie is really unfairly panned. It was entertaining, fun and worth watching more than once. It feels like most critics jumped on the hater bandwagon and
didn't really give this a chance. Why would Hellboy (a movie I also like) be
considered so fresh, and this one so rotten? Makes no sense. Sure the CGI
can be a little much at times, but the costumes, humor, sets and story more
than make up for that.
September 28, 2016
Watch it.

In my opinion i really enjoyed this movie. A lot of people get it mistaken for a horror flick, which it isn't. Hugh Jackman Sank into the role, killing it like usual. Kate Beckinsale on the other hand, wasn't great. Her acting wasn't on point, and was just plain sloppy. I would watch this movie. It's never gonna be your favorite or incredible! But I've seen this movie a couple times, and it is very entertaining.
½ September 28, 2016
This is one of my favorite creature movies!!! I don't understand the hatred of people. There are far more worst movies and people worship them.
September 20, 2016
I don't know why so many people shit on this masterpiece. This Japanese anime movie is top notch and I can't find anything to complain about. The CGI was so realistic I couldn't see the difference between the CGI and real life. The acting preformed by the one who played Dracula deserves 912836371% too btw. If Bram Stoker was alive and saw that conformance, he would probably burn his version of Dracula in shame. Overall, this has got to be the best vampire movie ever created and deserves the perfect score of 100/100.