Van Helsing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Van Helsing Reviews

August 22, 2017
Amazing monster Hunter film.
August 7, 2017
Ugh. One of those movies I hated from the get-go and it never got better. Not sure what was worse: the acting, the accents, or the dialogue. The "humor" was forced to the point of being painful. The FX were abundant and subpar. Richard Roxburgh's Dracula was just downright embarrassing.
July 26, 2017
I'm kind of surprised how widely panned this movie is, it's great cheesy fun. Cheese is what they were going for and they total hit that mark. There's more cheese in this than a Wisconsin county fair. Everybody in it is chewing scenery like they're fat guys at an all you can eat buffet , it's awesome!
July 24, 2017
I love the opening monochrome homage to the 1930's original monster movies and from that moment onwards, you know exactly what you're going to get which is a fun entertaining adventure. The script at times and performances aren't very good, the former especially and the characters of Anna and Dracula just feel so stripped away and cringeworthy throughout, with the latter looking and acting like an 80's boy band member and the former floating away in the sky. However, the score and production design is truly phenomenal and perfect even if the CGI is a tad aged throughout.
July 13, 2017
This was my favorite movie in high school. Still don't understand why the critics rated this so poorly.
½ June 19, 2017
Sommers writes a decent story, but then utterly fails in his direction. The lone bright spots were its ideas and Wenham, the rest is pretty bad.
½ June 19, 2017
I know how much effort they made for this movie, but still i think it was just for enjoying actions. I am depressed. It could have been better than this.
½ June 18, 2017
Long, fancy silliness.
June 16, 2017
It's extremely silly, always absurd, and downright dumb, but the frenetic energy but into the nonstop action, along with great visual effects and a raucously fun adventure make Van Helsing surmountable stupidity all the more fun and exciting.
June 10, 2017
It's amazing that a movie as entertaining as Van Helsing could only get 23% from the critics. Well, they're morons! I'm hoping for a sequel. That could happen given it grossed over $300 million worldwide which means they about doubled their investment. Van Helsing II?
June 9, 2017
This Film Was Film Critic Jay Sherman's Tenth Worst Film Of 2004.
½ June 7, 2017
Too much crappy CGI! No horror! Cliches, cliches!!
May 17, 2017
I love it. I own it currently on dvd. It is a low budget movie one can tell. It feels like an omage to those old black and white horror movies and yet is an action movie. It isn't meant to be scary, but thrilling. Yeah the CGI might be over done at points, however the actors are totally enjoying themselves And the CGI is done well enough not to take you out the movie.
March 20, 2017
Crap, bullshit. Stephen Sommers is the worst kind of director: does nothing for a few years as he lives off the earnings of his last project, then out of the blue produces a hugely successful but god-awful flick, only to disappear again having racked in his millions. He's not a film-maker, he's a film-raper. The poor character use and terrible acting completely suffocate this film from start to finish.
Robbanflix
February 4, 2017
One great vampire / monster movie and good actors :)
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
Idc what the rating says, I've loved this movie for forever. It's so much fun! And the music is amazingly addictive. Just listen!
½ November 20, 2016
I know it's campy, but I liked this movie. Similar to the Mummy in embracing the story and going for it. Fun action fantasy.
November 1, 2016
great movie after follow up from the cartoon version prequel.
½ October 15, 2016
Hideous waste of time and talent. Everything that can go wrong went wrong and how.