Van Helsing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Van Helsing Reviews

½ November 20, 2016
I know it's campy, but I liked this movie. Similar to the Mummy in embracing the story and going for it. Fun action fantasy.
November 1, 2016
great movie after follow up from the cartoon version prequel.
½ October 15, 2016
Hideous waste of time and talent. Everything that can go wrong went wrong and how.
October 13, 2016
This movie is really unfairly panned. It was entertaining, fun and worth watching more than once. It feels like most critics jumped on the hater bandwagon and
didn't really give this a chance. Why would Hellboy (a movie I also like) be
considered so fresh, and this one so rotten? Makes no sense. Sure the CGI
can be a little much at times, but the costumes, humor, sets and story more
than make up for that.
September 28, 2016
Watch it.

In my opinion i really enjoyed this movie. A lot of people get it mistaken for a horror flick, which it isn't. Hugh Jackman Sank into the role, killing it like usual. Kate Beckinsale on the other hand, wasn't great. Her acting wasn't on point, and was just plain sloppy. I would watch this movie. It's never gonna be your favorite or incredible! But I've seen this movie a couple times, and it is very entertaining.
½ September 28, 2016
This is one of my favorite creature movies!!! I don't understand the hatred of people. There are far more worst movies and people worship them.
September 20, 2016
I don't know why so many people shit on this masterpiece. This Japanese anime movie is top notch and I can't find anything to complain about. The CGI was so realistic I couldn't see the difference between the CGI and real life. The acting preformed by the one who played Dracula deserves 912836371% too btw. If Bram Stoker was alive and saw that conformance, he would probably burn his version of Dracula in shame. Overall, this has got to be the best vampire movie ever created and deserves the perfect score of 100/100.
September 16, 2016
A good comfort food movie.
September 16, 2016
One of the best films of 2004! One of my favorite movies ever!!
August 15, 2016
A fun yet dark campy gothic adventure film.
½ August 14, 2016
A fun movie to watch.
It's my guilty pleasure, a movie with actor who realy work with what they get.
The script itself might not be the strong point since some of the lines are poorly delivered but it makes up for it with some fun parts and action. Yes it feels like a horror house atraction sometimes BUT to it's defence, it has some interessting angles of the hole van helsing theme
August 13, 2016
8/13/2016: Disappointing. Even with Jackman and Beckinsale this movie just didn't deliver.
½ August 8, 2016
Quite liked this movie, and I still like it.
June 28, 2016
Bored with the same stuff for the last two hours.
June 18, 2016
I love this movie, it is old and yet can not stop watching it, the action is great and the story is legendary. too bad that at the time of realise the dumb criticts ruin for a 2nd part.
½ June 3, 2016
some horrific attacking, bad accents galore and Hugh Jackmans worse role
May 29, 2016
Campy and stupid, a great film to put on for a Halloween party. Some of the lines made me smile and some of the visuals and costumes are actually kind of cool, but watching the story closely, you'll realize there are a lot of gaps in the story (Van Helsing's ambiguous background) that are never really addressed beyond planting the seeds of *something* and a so-so performance by Beckinsale. Despite that, I still managed to feel Helsing and Anna's chemistry, and I very much enjoyed the friar Carl as comedic relief. Basically the viewer-insert of "the hell is that, the hell are you?! Oh God, let's not.." Overall it's a harmless film that a more serious viewer will probably mercilessly poke holes into it, but a more casual viewer may derive more entertainment from it.
½ May 24, 2016
Twelve years later, Van Helsing has aged like an open beer left behind the radiator.
½ May 2, 2016
Decent Film. Good CGi, Setting, Story and Van Helsing is the best! he is a Vampire Hunter with a badass personality and can turn into a Werewolf... BIATCH!
April 27, 2016
To me, this movie was like roller coaster because it's a non-stop action, thrill ride!