Wakefield Reviews

• Jan 04, 2020

The absolute worst movie I have ever watched! I was so angry at the ridiculous ending that I actually screamed. My god giving it 1 star at all pained me! Jesus I'm still angry that I'll never get every painful minute of this movie back

• Dec 17, 2019

Wakefield was an odd film. Bryan Cranston turned in a great performance and it was genuinely a strange film and wild concept.

• Nov 30, 2019

Wakefield attempts to simply demonstrate a "What if?" premise taken too far but ultimately depicts Bryan Cranston's character (excellently played to his most dramatic heights) gradually decline into primal reduction in a calmingly numbing work of art.

• Aug 21, 2019

The whole time you are wondering what is this guy doing and at the end you never realize what you just watched.

• Apr 12, 2019

the movie was very thought provoking, and kept you wondering what happens after the ending of the movie.

• Apr 11, 2019

The movie was very thought inducing and had an amazing ending that kept you wondering what happens next.

• Apr 06, 2019

If you're the kind of person who prefers action over slow character development, or the kind of person who prefers neat, resolved story endings and tidy plots, this movie isn't your movie. I enjoyed this movie for what it was--a character study, and I think Brian Cranston did a great job with his material. I feel Garner was mis cast in this role, as the couple didn't have chemistry and I thought we needed a more substantial female actress. The movie is, what it is--enjoy the journey.

• Apr 02, 2019

Why this film was made, I do not know. There's nothing to justify nearly two hours of one's life watching a self-indulgent man behave so cruelly to his family, with its faux "awakening"(those snowflakes! Those kids from next door!) - except to see how it ends. Don't bother. Doctorow essentially truncated it, but the screenwriter could have taken it further, and should have. What a cheat. Cranston is - as always - marvelous, but it's all highly implausible, and even he can't save this dated material.

• Apr 01, 2019

Great acting and original concept but an infuriating, lazy ending that left me feeling like I just wasted 2 hours. The suspense builds and builds and then, finally as payoff is about to hit... end credits. What??? Are we the audience expected to do the writer's job for them? Ridiculous. With a proper ending, equal to the rest of the plot, this could've been a 4 star film.

• Mar 25, 2019

I’m so mad at the ending I could almost slap Bryan Cranston, if I didn’t like him so much. This movie will bait you because of the solid cast. You’ll want to turn it off every 10 minutes or so, but you won’t because you’re positive it will get better. It doesn’t. Bryan Cranston, you are the danger.