Wakefield Reviews

• Aug 21, 2019

The whole time you are wondering what is this guy doing and at the end you never realize what you just watched.

• Apr 12, 2019

the movie was very thought provoking, and kept you wondering what happens after the ending of the movie.

• Apr 11, 2019

The movie was very thought inducing and had an amazing ending that kept you wondering what happens next.

• Apr 06, 2019

If you're the kind of person who prefers action over slow character development, or the kind of person who prefers neat, resolved story endings and tidy plots, this movie isn't your movie. I enjoyed this movie for what it was--a character study, and I think Brian Cranston did a great job with his material. I feel Garner was mis cast in this role, as the couple didn't have chemistry and I thought we needed a more substantial female actress. The movie is, what it is--enjoy the journey.

• Apr 02, 2019

Why this film was made, I do not know. There's nothing to justify nearly two hours of one's life watching a self-indulgent man behave so cruelly to his family, with its faux "awakening"(those snowflakes! Those kids from next door!) - except to see how it ends. Don't bother. Doctorow essentially truncated it, but the screenwriter could have taken it further, and should have. What a cheat. Cranston is - as always - marvelous, but it's all highly implausible, and even he can't save this dated material.

• Apr 01, 2019

Great acting and original concept but an infuriating, lazy ending that left me feeling like I just wasted 2 hours. The suspense builds and builds and then, finally as payoff is about to hit... end credits. What??? Are we the audience expected to do the writer's job for them? Ridiculous. With a proper ending, equal to the rest of the plot, this could've been a 4 star film.

• Mar 25, 2019

I’m so mad at the ending I could almost slap Bryan Cranston, if I didn’t like him so much. This movie will bait you because of the solid cast. You’ll want to turn it off every 10 minutes or so, but you won’t because you’re positive it will get better. It doesn’t. Bryan Cranston, you are the danger.

• Mar 13, 2019

I definitely enjoyed watching it. If youâ(TM)re looking for something interesting and thought-provoking thatâ(TM)s of quality, great movie. It wouldâ(TM)ve easily been 4 stars for me except for the ending. It felt like I had an itch to scratch the whole movie and then was left with no answers. I had to scratch my own itch, which isnâ(TM)t really the kinda movie I like. Great acting, great writing, great narration, great cinematography. An enjoyable time, just wonâ(TM)t be your new favorite.

• Jan 16, 2019

The film is about a man so self-destructive that he decides to annihilate himself to understand if his desires are induced or freely chosen. Cranston's specialization in unpleasant characters has always left me completely indifferent, and this is another proof. (Mauro Lanari)

• Dec 30, 2018

I love Cranston, but this was almost a waste of time....

I love Cranston, but this was almost a waste of time....