Wayne's World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wayne's World Reviews

½ April 23, 2017
Pretty funny and cool, even if it kind of rips off Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Wayne and Garth are both memorable characters. Good movie.
March 14, 2017
- Needed something light so i turned to this comedy classic that is now 25yrs old this year! It still holds-up incredibly well, I laughed quite a bit. Everyone is perfect in the film and the comedy bits are all gold. This is a comedy gem well worth revisiting!

- It was fun watching this movie again, I really enjoyed it. Nice for a change watching a well-done PG comedy with clever comedic bits in the screenplay, that didn't just rely on obscene & shock tactics. Give it a try if it's been a while!
February 26, 2017
2/26/2017: Meh. There were a few chuckles, but overall not a great movie.
February 20, 2017
Wayne's World is directed by Penelope Spheeris, and it stars Mike Myers and Dana Carvey in a comedy about two best friends who make a TV show that they barely make any good money of, but since a sketchy TV producer want to buy the rights to their show, they accept it and get more famous out of it. When it terms of finding films from HBO or other channels that are free for a few days on DirecTV, never thought this is one of them, oh well, this is one of the movies that I've reviewed with only stars and not an actual review, but that's going to change since this is fantastic. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are great in this that felt like they brought their characters to life to the big screen. The writing by Mike Myers, Bonnie Turner, and Terry Turner is really good at making tons of jokes, and landing them on the target as there are a lot of funny moments, even some that make me laugh out loud. The characters are entertaining, and there are some aspects that make fun of the cliches which I find them to be funny. Wayne's World is a hilarious classic that I'm glad it made Mike Myers famous, well at least for more than a decade.
February 5, 2017
Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are hilariously funny!
½ February 5, 2017
A strange comedy that is carried on the shoulders of the great cast and a well written story. Enjoyable, funny and timeless.
½ January 20, 2017
Still funny, Mike Myers doing what he does best, lots of similarities to Austin Powers... which I loved too...
December 11, 2016
stupid but funny enough
October 21, 2016
I recently re-watched this film with a big group of people. For the jokes, none of the girls laughed and all of the guys did. So, that tells me something... Women know nothing about Comedy. I'm kidding of course. But what it did tell me is that this film is not for everybody. This is a very dumb yet smart comedy. Only Dana Carvey can make me laugh at him react the shower murder scene from 'Psycho' with donuts at an old fashion diner. A love letter to the early 90's. Some may look at this film and think, what a dumb mess, but then why is it so famous? ... Because it is genius! Quotable and funny every time I see it, Wayne's World is... "Excellent!"
October 10, 2016
This movie is worth every second of your time!
October 6, 2016
Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
October 6, 2016
Wayne's World was originally a skit on "Saturday Night Live" during the late '80s and early '90s, it is about two teenage dudes (Mike Myers, Dana Carvey) who host a public access TV show, which is mainly about rock, babes and people who live in the area. One day Wayne and Garth go to a rock concert, and Wayne falls in love with a bass guitarist named Cassandra Wong (Tia Carrere). Wayne spends the rest of the movie trying to get Casandra to fall in love with him. He also struggles with a network executive (Rob Lowe) who wants to buy the rights to his show.

It is a classic comedy and is a true influence on modern comedies.

9.5/10
½ September 19, 2016
Wayne's World is truly hilarious, with clever jokes, neat performances and great writing, a movie full of iconic quotes and hilarious scenes, sometimes it may come over the top, but that's part of its charm and unique style.
½ August 19, 2016
Adaption of the famous SNL skit brings our favorite metalheads to the big screen. Wayne and Garth are offered their own commercialised TV show but they soon learn that stardom isn't all its cracked up to be. This comedy is memorable and the soundtrack rocks.
July 11, 2016
I honestly don't think if I saw this movie as a kid that I would like it so much. It's got a dated and confusing narrative that's hard to follow if you're not really engaged in the movie and it's really a movie that all you can really say about it is you either get it, or you don't. And that's cool. As long as you're singing along with the Bohemian Rhapsody scene, and in that case if you're not, it's not cool.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Very silly and predictable but for what was on offer it wasn't that bad, It had a few funny bits and some great one liners that are still used today, As for the film itself it is kind of a mini classic but it wouldn't stand the test of time if released in todays cinema (2015)... Yes it took me 23 years to get round to watching it.
July 5, 2016
This is not a movie that ages well.

This movie is carried mostly by Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey. Half of the movie I was just fixated on Dana Carvey's pursed lips. It's fantastic to watch them work. Also, Rob Lowe as the baddie and his hilariously bad 80s fashion. Pants didn't have enough pleats for my liking but hilarious still.

While watching the movie, I was trying to figure out what the conceit of the movie was. Are we simply watching an episode of Wayne's World? Is this The Office where the camera man is an actual person? Is this just the visualization of them telling us a story?

The correct answer is: Whatever Mike Meyers says at the end of the film. It's a loose conceit that just bothered me throughout the movie. They break fourth wall to talk to the camera man who is not there when we cut to a longer shot. Yes, I'm being a curmudgeon but it's honestly lazy film-making. It's an SNL bit that they extended to 90 minutes. Though, this lapse is acceptable. At least they (in character) addressed it.

Now, what I can't stand is the amount of music videos in this film. Oh god, I hated it. Anytime there was music that the characters were jamming along to, I count that as a music video. Yes yes, Bohemian Rhapsody was a music video. Seeing the paramour do her songs, all of that is a music video. That's what irritated me the most. I'm just wasting my time now with the movie. I hate when movies waste my time. You don't like it when video games give you "fetch quests" to do to pad out the length, I don't like music videos in the middle of my movies.

At least Bohemian Rhapsody was fun. Every scene with Cassandra Wong was torture. I was screaming out loud during her scenes. It was bad enough that I couldn't take her seriously as a music star, I couldn't take her seriously as a person. I couldn't understand half the things she said or did.

This movie ramps up in quality as we near the climax of the movie. The last 30 minutes are actually fun, once we get passed the music video bullshit. Less wong though, please.
May 31, 2016
If you have an IQ below 70 you will enjoy this movie.
½ May 26, 2016
Classic. Really funny and well done.
May 23, 2016
Got some good entertainment. This is not my favorite movie, but I had fun, and some of the gags are cute and funny.