Wayne's World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wayne's World Reviews

½ September 19, 2016
Wayne's World is truly hilarious, with clever jokes, neat performances and great writing, a movie full of iconic quotes and hilarious scenes, sometimes it may come over the top, but that's part of its charm and unique style.
½ August 19, 2016
Adaption of the famous SNL skit brings our favorite metalheads to the big screen. Wayne and Garth are offered their own commercialised TV show but they soon learn that stardom isn't all its cracked up to be. This comedy is memorable and the soundtrack rocks.
July 11, 2016
I honestly don't think if I saw this movie as a kid that I would like it so much. It's got a dated and confusing narrative that's hard to follow if you're not really engaged in the movie and it's really a movie that all you can really say about it is you either get it, or you don't. And that's cool. As long as you're singing along with the Bohemian Rhapsody scene, and in that case if you're not, it's not cool.
½ July 6, 2016
Very silly and predictable but for what was on offer it wasn't that bad, It had a few funny bits and some great one liners that are still used today, As for the film itself it is kind of a mini classic but it wouldn't stand the test of time if released in todays cinema (2015)... Yes it took me 23 years to get round to watching it.
July 5, 2016
This is not a movie that ages well.

This movie is carried mostly by Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey. Half of the movie I was just fixated on Dana Carvey's pursed lips. It's fantastic to watch them work. Also, Rob Lowe as the baddie and his hilariously bad 80s fashion. Pants didn't have enough pleats for my liking but hilarious still.

While watching the movie, I was trying to figure out what the conceit of the movie was. Are we simply watching an episode of Wayne's World? Is this The Office where the camera man is an actual person? Is this just the visualization of them telling us a story?

The correct answer is: Whatever Mike Meyers says at the end of the film. It's a loose conceit that just bothered me throughout the movie. They break fourth wall to talk to the camera man who is not there when we cut to a longer shot. Yes, I'm being a curmudgeon but it's honestly lazy film-making. It's an SNL bit that they extended to 90 minutes. Though, this lapse is acceptable. At least they (in character) addressed it.

Now, what I can't stand is the amount of music videos in this film. Oh god, I hated it. Anytime there was music that the characters were jamming along to, I count that as a music video. Yes yes, Bohemian Rhapsody was a music video. Seeing the paramour do her songs, all of that is a music video. That's what irritated me the most. I'm just wasting my time now with the movie. I hate when movies waste my time. You don't like it when video games give you "fetch quests" to do to pad out the length, I don't like music videos in the middle of my movies.

At least Bohemian Rhapsody was fun. Every scene with Cassandra Wong was torture. I was screaming out loud during her scenes. It was bad enough that I couldn't take her seriously as a music star, I couldn't take her seriously as a person. I couldn't understand half the things she said or did.

This movie ramps up in quality as we near the climax of the movie. The last 30 minutes are actually fun, once we get passed the music video bullshit. Less wong though, please.
May 31, 2016
If you have an IQ below 70 you will enjoy this movie.
½ May 26, 2016
Classic. Really funny and well done.
May 23, 2016
Got some good entertainment. This is not my favorite movie, but I had fun, and some of the gags are cute and funny.
½ May 20, 2016
Good film. Great music and references
½ May 17, 2016
Wayne's World is a wacky and fun movie, nothing more nothing less.
May 10, 2016
one of the best films of all time yet I believe the sequel was as good or even better
½ April 1, 2016
Completely ridiculous, hilarious and enjoyable. Everything Garth says makes me laugh and this is Mike Myers at his best, as opposed to Austin Powers.
½ March 31, 2016
It isn't laugh out loud hilarious but it is pretty entertaining.
March 20, 2016
an old school fave of mine. still watchable today.
March 9, 2016
Quite a funny movie. Really reflect on that 90s era of rock and dumb. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are 2 best pals who love rock and roll, also host a free cable show. Rob Lowe is from the big network and want to sign them. Mike fall in love with a lead singer/guitarist Tia Carrere. When they sign the contract, Rob change alot of things and it affect the usual style of their show. Rob also want to sign Tia and make her famous but is also at the same time wooing her. Mike quit the show one day when he make fun of the arcade sponsor of his show. Dana feel sad he just walk out on him. Tia and Mike quarrel over the career. Mike pick up his slack and get Tia back when she is also uncomfortable doing the weird MTVs for Rob. With the help of the friends and community, Mike decide to get back to his own home and to showcase Tia. Dana manage to make Rob's assistant Kurt Fuller to join them. They hook up Tia performance to the record mogul limo TV. Rob was stall by the police friend and the plan works. Tia get notice by the mogul and it is a happy ending.
½ March 8, 2016
A classic and must watch.
March 1, 2016
Wayne's World is one of the funnier films I've seen, with a stupid plot, stupid characters and a couple of geniuses behind it all to make it stupid in the best way possible. Mike Myers should have won an Oscar for his performance here.

If you haven't watched this, watch it now.
February 26, 2016
Wayne's World, directed by Penelope Spheeris is a romantic comedy produced in 1992 and set in Aroura, Illinois. The main characters are Mike Myers playing Wayne, Dana Carvey as Garth, Tia Carrera as Cassandra, and Rob Lowe as Benjamin. The movie won 3 awards including the MTV Movie Award, Brit Awards, and the ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. I love this movie because it's a great family comedy.

Wayne's World is a tale of two men trying to make it big, and in some terms, I guess that it worked out. Wayne and Garth have a small T.V. show in Wayne's basement called "Wayne's World". It's just like the local news, but with a hilarious attitude. The duo get what they wanted but there was a couple speedbumps in the process.

One of the funniest parts of Wayne's World is when Wayne and Garth start to argue while laying under that plane flies over them. The reason that I find this scene funny is because I can relate to it. Sometimes you get into a really bad fight with your friends. What also made this funny is because they timed it perfectly because they started swearing.

It also is a great movie because it brings joy to the whole family. There are multiple scenes that a family with any age children can enjoy together. Films like this can bring people closer to each other like teens who sit on their phones all day. If it's good enough to get a 14 year old girl off her phone for the whole film, it deserves gratitude and some awards.

Overall Wayne's World is an amazing movie. How else would it bring in an income of $183,097,323? I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes semi cheesy movies. Honestly this is my all time favorite movie, and I hope it can be yours too!
½ February 24, 2016
24 years on, this is still a classic, but not as funny as when I first saw it.
February 21, 2016
"In some countries marriage is a punishment" Wayne. Love it love it love it love it .watched it way too many times though love it.