The Wedding Singer Reviews

• Nov 04, 2019

A Killer 80s soundtrack puts you in the feel however a few silly issues in the story leave it below a Number 1 hit song. Lead Adam Sandler tries and sings his heart out.

• Sep 24, 2019

Always give up your window seat to your lady.

Always give up your window seat to your lady.

• Aug 14, 2019

The Wedding Singer is a feel-good romantic comedy with retro hip charm conveying 80s nostalgia. The chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore is clear from the off. This one sings its way into our hearts.

• Aug 07, 2019

Sandler gives a strong effort for a change. The couch getting uncomfortable?

Sandler gives a strong effort for a change. The couch getting uncomfortable?

• Jul 28, 2019

The best romcom movie ever made!

The best romcom movie ever made!

• Apr 05, 2019

The Sandman at his best.

The Sandman at his best.

• Mar 18, 2019

A predictable love story held together nicely by the occasional laugh, The Wedding Singer is an above-average Adam Sandler romance movie, perfectly forgettable except for a handful of moments you'll genuinely enjoy.

• Jan 24, 2019

one of the best movies ever could watch it over and over

one of the best movies ever could watch it over and over

• Jan 06, 2019

absolute trash garbage. i might like it if i was a high school girl. the cheesiest, lamest romance i've ever watched. and it wasn't funny at all. i chuckled maybe 3 times. i stopped the movie with about 30 minutes left, which is extremely uncommon for me. i would normally finish it, at least at fast speed. but it was too awful. the scene that made me laugh and quit is when she calls him an asshole and throws the papers in the air lmao (1 viewing)

• Aug 10, 2018

I used to enjoy or downright love everything that Adam Sandler did, and I think The Wedding Singer might be my favorite of all his movies. He and Drew Barrymore have great chemistry, and I like how we get to see through their actions that they are a good match. The connection slowly develops over the length of the film, until I find myself dying to reach the end so they can finally be together. There are so many fun and hilarious scenes throughout this movie. I quote it regularly, and even though I’ve seen it dozens of times I still laugh out loud. It has all the perfect elements that you want in a romantic comedy, and it never fails to make me feel great. This is the kind of movie that has me grinning like a fool after I watch it, and humming the songs for days. As a child who grew up in the 80s, I adore how that time period is bursting out of every frame of The Wedding Singer. They don’t just put a gentle coating of 80s on it, this movie is every stereotype and cliché of the era cranked up to a point that you can see the whole creative team had their tongues planted firmly in their cheeks. I can nitpick a few moments, and a bit of the childish humor that Adam Sandler has clung to in his fallow years is present here, but for some reason that stuff doesn’t bother me. Perhaps it’s just my emotional connection with the central romance that causes me to overlook the flaws. I have probably seen portions of The Wedding Singer hundreds of times because it’s one of those movies that I can’t turn away from whenever it’s on TV, but this is the first time I watched it from start to finish in years, and I’m happy to say I still love it!