Wild Things Reviews

• 5d ago

A Southern confection which wasted a good cast on a nonsensical plot...just in case you couldn't follow the plot, the explanatory notes roll with the credits.

• Apr 29, 2021

This movie became famous for its threesome scene with Denise Richards, Neve Campbell and Matt Dillon. Not to mention enough twists and turns to make you dizzy. Otherwise this is and remains a pretty fun sexy thriller with a much better cast than it deserves. Kevin Bacon and Bill Murray round out the cast about a student accusing her guidance councillor of rape which sets off a multitude of unlikely events. Fun trash.

• Mar 16, 2021

The plot was pretty good, but the acting was laughable.

The plot was pretty good, but the acting was laughable.

• Mar 05, 2021

As a trashy, sexy thriller it's actually pretty entertaining. What makes it interesting is every character is bascially a double crossing scumbag which makes for some fun and exciting twists. Unfortunately, by the end there are so many twists it all becomes a bit confused and muddled. Still, it'll always be remembered by a generation of teenage boys for that scene with Campbell and Richards.

• Feb 14, 2021

A unique little mystery film that certainly has its own vibe. It was more much more complex than I’d have imagined. Went on a little too long but it was surprisingly intriguing

• Feb 10, 2021

WOW! Rivetting, & ultra confusing. I mean ultra Complex.Even when its over, its not over. Can't believe i ignored/never saw this 1998 movie for over 2 decades until now, on the movie CHANNEL, 2.9.2021. Still love DENISE RICHARDS, hottest ever in this flick. 😡‼️HEY RT STAFF! You need to DELETE or post a SPOILER ALERT WARNING for you VIDEO clip at the top. COMPLETELY GIVES AWAY the entire ENDING!!!😡‼️ AND, furthermore, am i permitted to make raise mere suspicion that some of the Negative Reviews were cuz of the mere suggestion in the movie that a man could be falsely accused, and that maybe we shouldn't always automatically 'believe the women'.

• Feb 09, 2021

Movie has a lot of style. The word titillating comes to mind. That and a number of plot twists do keep the viewer entertained. Matt Dillon is especially good at misdirection. At the same time, you could look at it as dark comedy. Toward the end there are some gratuitous plot zingers or gimmicks that take the whole endeavor at little bit past credibility. The director undercuts an obvious ending.

• Feb 08, 2021

Story wasn't bad, but the movie comes off a little cheesy.

Story wasn't bad, but the movie comes off a little cheesy.

• Dec 31, 2020

Dang I'm actually surprised how good this movie is. Going into this movie I thought it would be a dumb thriller. Yes it has some dumb parts in this movie but overall it's a very smart movie. Now yes it has an over the top vibe to it but it makes for a very entertaining movie. If this movie came out in theaters right now I would 100 percent see it. Now I may be bias because before this whole pandemic thing I went to the theatre but anyway. This movie good. Yes it has its problems but neve Campbell, Matt Dillion, Kevin bacon and the main blonde girl are all fantastic. Now Kevin bacons character first seems your typical cop but when SPOILERS happen it gets good. Theirs a lot of SPOILERS in this. Lots of good things. The story is kinda average, maybe slightly above average but with great actors this movie shined. Now if you handed this script to nobodies then this movie would be cheesy dumb but with the high budget and quality it turns the dumbness of the movie into a good time at the movies. I felt very engaged throughout this movie and yes this movie can be predictable but then boom the curve ball happens. It kept me on the toes wanting more and right when I thought it was done their was more. In a good sort of way. Another curve ball. I highly recommend this movie and it's not a date night movie I'll tell you that but it makes for a fun guys night movie. But in the end I really enjoyed this movie and maybe in the future if I'm bored out of my mind I might see this movie again.

• Dec 31, 2020

Dang I’m actually surprised how good this movie is. Going into this movie I thought it would be a dumb thriller. Yes it has some dumb parts in this movie but overall it’s a very smart movie. Now yes it has an over the top vibe to it but it makes for a very entertaining movie. If this movie came out in theaters right now I would 100 percent see it. Now I may be bias because before this whole pandemic thing I went to the theatre but anyway. This movie good. Yes it has its problems but neve Campbell, Matt Dillion, Kevin bacon and the main blonde girl are all fantastic. Now Kevin bacons character first seems your typical cop but when SPOILERS happen it gets good. Theirs a lot of SPOILERS in this. Lots of good things. The story is kinda average, maybe slightly above average but with great actors this movie shined. Now if you handed this script to nobodies then this movie would be cheesy dumb but with the high budget and quality it turns the dumbness of the movie into a good time at the movies. I felt very engaged throughout this movie and yes this movie can be predictable but then boom the curve ball happens. It kept me on the toes wanting more and right when I thought it was done their was more. In a good sort of way. Another curve ball. I highly recommend this movie and it’s not a date night movie I’ll tell you that but it makes for a fun guys night movie. But in the end I really enjoyed this movie and maybe in the future if I’m bored out of my mind I might see this movie again.