Without a Clue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Without a Clue Reviews

July 16, 2016
This movie's pretty good. Caine and Kingsley have great chemistry and both are very funny. Never really gets amazing though, kinda drags in spots, but definitely worth watching. I wouldn't be surprised if I watch this again one day and like it a lot more just cause I'm in more of a mood for it. But anyway, it's good.
½ January 16, 2016
- This was recently released on Blu-ray so decided to check it out again as I'm a really big fan of both actors and love the premise with Dr.Watson being the real detective and Sherlock Holmes is just a cover. It's a lot of fun!

- Watched this again for the first time in years, it's a lot of fun. Caine and Kingsley play off each other so well.
May 24, 2015
I LOVE this film! Absolutely hilarious!
April 6, 2015
I have read and enjoyed A. Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. Lots of fans of the great detective feel quite strongly about different interpretations of the characters Doyle created which are not "canon." I am not one of those. And I did enjoy this very entertaining comedy in which Dr. John Watson (Ben Kingsley, an underrated comic actor) is actually the detective and Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character created by Watson and played by a boozing womanizing out-of-work actor, played by Michael Caine. These two Oscar winners (Kingsley; Best Actor for Gandhi in 1982/ Caine; Best Supporting Actor for Hannah And Her Sisters, 1986. Caine would win Best Supporting Actor again for Cider House Rules in 1999) are backed by a talented cast of British actors. This is another film I rented on VHS way back in the day. I recently picked up the Olive Films Blu-Ray disc. I note that the current BBC series Sherlock is serious but has a very good sense of humour.
March 15, 2015
my funniest film ever
January 13, 2015
Funny and fun to watch, but a little over the top with some of the slapstick silliness. Michael Caine and Ben Kingsley are certainly great together.
½ January 2, 2015
I loved this one when I was little. Every performance is hilarious and great. Henry Mancini does a brilliant score. It's very atmospheric. Even if the stars don't have much chemistry, they both do great.
May 16, 2014
Solid comedy, Caine is a highlight. Could have used a better Moriarty, and truthfully Ben Kingsley wasn't that great either, but that's probably a fault of the script and not the actor. It could have been better in parts I feel, the execution wasn't sometimes that good, perhaps a better director would have helped. Interesting premise that might work as a remake.
February 1, 2014
Enjoyable romp. Others have mentioned the chemistry between Caine and Kingsley - that surely made this better.
½ November 1, 2013
Without A Clue, a farce starring Ben Kingsley & Michael Caine. Caine plays Sherlock Holmes, or more correctly a drunk, lecherous hack of an actor portraying Holmes for the real brains of the operation, Kingsley's Dr Watson. The script isn't great at times and it's all a bit fluffy and flimsy but it is the on screen presence of both Kingsley & Caine that lift it higher, a film that I'd say is a wet Saturday afternoon stuck with kids/grandkids kind of films, as it has something for all ages
September 6, 2013
Light (sometimes too much) comedy with a good couple of main actors. Funny, although you feel it could have been more. Between 2.5 and 3.
½ April 23, 2013
"Without a Clue" has an idiotic premise which surprisingly works because of the efforts of Caine and Kingsley.
½ February 17, 2013
Caine and Kingsley are both magnificent actors in their own right, and together they make a hilarious combination that can't be beat. A fun and silly twist on the Sherlock Holmes story that is a must see.
January 14, 2013
Very funny comedy wonderfully acted by Michael Caine and Ben Kingsley! Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson like you've never seen them before!
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
October 19, 2012
Looks like it could be good...
March 6, 2012
I will have to watch it again, but I remember it was good and had some really funny parts.
February 2, 2012
The funniest, most satirical, most brilliant, most irreverant, and cleverest of all crime fiction satire. Ben Kingsley and Michael Caine give fantastic performances as a very different kind of Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes. To say anything else about the plot of this witty gem is to do disservice to your viewing.