Arrow: Season 3 Reviews

• 5d ago

Arrow must not kill?????? WT....!!!!!

Arrow must not kill?????? WT....!!!!!

• Oct 13, 2019

This season was a really big step back from 1&2. The characters are, for the most part, still fantastic. Felicity starts to get on my nerves towards the end, and even Oliver does some stuff that seems like it comes out of nowhere in the second half of the season. Malcolm Merlyn is back, and he's fantastic! Ra's al Ghul is not great though. Thea's character arc this time around is a big step up. The season starts up great, and almost completely falls apart after around episode 12 or 13. It's still pretty good, but it's not GREAT like the first 2 seasons. I'll give it a "B".

• Oct 07, 2019

Season 3 of Arrow felt disjointed and unfocused. The first two seasons built to climactic finales and completed arcs, but this season couldn't aim in a straight direction. The introduction of other heroes was fun, but should have been kept in the first half of the season. Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal was my favorite character, his arc was done well and his relationship with Thea seemed honest and realistic. John Barrowman stole this season as Malcolm Merlyn, he owned every scene he was in. Other highlights included Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer and Katrina Law as Nyssa Al Ghul. I hated what they did with Felicity Smoak this season, I really felt like they train-wrecked her character by trying to force her into being a main love interest for Oliver Queen. Emily Bett Rickards can easily play Felicity as comic relief, but CANNOT play serious and emotional. Her character took up a majority of almost every episode, and her acting approach was to damply say her lines one. word. at. a. time. I got to a point where I had to fast forward whenever she came on screen, it was awful. The whole Nanda Parbat/ League of Assassins plot was unrealistic, Team Arrow easily killed many of these highly trained assassins with literally no consequences, they just kept being let go, it was hilarious after a while.

• Sep 25, 2019

What an amazing season. I am so happy they added Ra's Al Ghul,

What an amazing season. I am so happy they added Ra's Al Ghul,

• Sep 17, 2019

Not as good as the first two seasons, but still really good. I liked that raz al-ghoul was the villain, and it developed the league of assassins

• Jul 15, 2019

ok Felicity,Laurel and Diggle r just big douchebags I've never hated a character soo much Laurel gets mad and complains all the time after her sister dies Felicity just complains over every single thing when Oliver makes a plan Diggle is just some dude who just wants to be Oliver and the best Character in my opinion is the freaking enemy Ra's Al Gaul

• Jun 02, 2019

Season three definitely heads in some different directions, but I am totally here for them. Pros: The start of the Oliver-Felicity relationship. I know it's not true to the comics but the actors have great chemistry so I'm glad they didn't force it with either Black Canary. I also enjoyed the tension and laughs that Routh's Ray Palmer brought. It was fun to Oliver have a rival who is not just trying to kill him. Cons: Quantity over quality villains. The League of Assassins does really come into its own later on. Katie Cassidy is still cardboard.

• Feb 20, 2019

Season 3 continues to thrill in the way of well choreographed fight scenes and interesting character development however the series in ultimately held back by choice of villain. The series focuses too much on a Batman's lore and has a Batman villain as the main bad. Whilst the portrayal of such a character was well executed, it comes across as the series already running out of Green Arrow lore an characters. Even the flashbacks feel like they realized that the Island was limited and they needed to find an excuse to abandon this element of the show. It is however still highly enjoyable and even though the gritty realism which made the show so great in the past is being abandoned for the more comic accurate tone of the new connected universe, it still feels natural and gives hope for the future.

• Jan 30, 2019

• Dec 31, 2018

They had Ras Al Ghul in this, and you're telling me this isn't the Batman wannabe. They had two superheroes developing. Black Canary and Speedy - not the speedy you're thinking of more like a red arrow. There were too many developing superheroes/vigilantes. The death of a character, not spoiling it, left me at the edge of my seat. Everyone's acting was the same as always, good. I wish they would've set Amells characters flashbacks to stay on the island to learn from other allies / possible villains. They have finally built up to the incredible characters name (The Green Arrow). I would age this season as it originally is, 12 for gore, violence, and bad language. Grade: B+