BoJack Horseman: Season 2 Reviews

• 5d ago

I'm so glad I didn't ignore the ratings and stayed through to this season. This show is one of the best of all time and it is one I will never forget.

• Nov 12, 2020

Bojack's second season really finds its voice by blending a barrage of wit with a nuanced character study of past fame and self-worth. An absolute gem.

• Aug 18, 2020

After Season 1, which was a great light introduction, things begin to get serious here in Season 2. This is where the show begins to shine.

• Jul 02, 2020

Excelente temporada, mejora los errores de su primera y refuerza sus aciertos

Excelente temporada, mejora los errores de su primera y refuerza sus aciertos

• Jun 01, 2020

This is so fucking good I have to ration it

This is so fucking good I have to ration it

• Mar 26, 2020

Loved every season of this, loved every party of Bojack. Very meta and introspective.

• Feb 27, 2020

WAY overrated. A chronically boring saga of the white male ego dressed up in a gimmick & surrounded by a bunch of emperor's-new-clothes cattle-critics. Sorry, but that's the truth.

• Feb 24, 2020

9.5/10. Picking up where season one left off, BoJack Horseman S2 dives right back in with powerful examinations of the human condition, offering hard hitting observations and a steady stream of laughs in equal measure. They have a formula that works, using the standard cartoon-sitcom hi-jinks to explore the relationships and personal lives of the main cast, warts and all. This season sees the leads confronted by their fears – of being unloved, of taking a leap, of stagnation; I could go on – and examines the ways the characters deal with them, alone or together, healthily or otherwise. Despite their efforts the characters often fail, but there is an undercurrent of hopefulness that implores them to not give up and to continue fighting, even as the next failure is imminent and probably avoidable. Growth through and in spite of our pains and fears are themes that hit me pretty hard, as it might for most viewers who no doubt face these universal, deeply human hardships. The heaviness of the proceedings is given balance by the jokes, of which there are so many that they can be tough to catch before the next one is passing you by (which is a good incentive for repeat viewing). The writers achieve a perfect tonal balancing act, never skewing too far towards depressive or manic. The drama gives the show the claws it needs to tear into our hearts, while the humor helps soften that blow just enough so that we can laugh at and learn from what we are seeing, both in the exploits of the on-screen characters and in ourselves. BoJack Horseman S2 is an incredible piece of television that evokes laughter and invites introspection – viewers would do well to partake in both.

• Feb 01, 2020

Everybody who watches this show thinks it was written about their own life. From disillusioned actors to aspiring neurosurgeons, everyone sees themself reflected back to them in this show.

• Jan 21, 2020

Amazingly funny and astoundishingly emotional, the show takes a step to the depressive but somehow hilarious style it Will continue to keep throughout its running time