Bored to Death: Season 2 Reviews

• Aug 09, 2014

I have to inform to those who are fans of BTD, it is now as of , 8/2014, being shown on ATT U-Verse (all three seasons) on HBOCOM (as in comedy) on different nights , but usually beginning at 7p.. Thus far they have almost or finished season one with "The case of the Beautiful Blackmailer"...which in my opinion is the HOOK that addicted me and then had to go through withdrawal when it was not renewed after the 3rd season.. I am such a DUMMIE that I cannot even use my DVD player and could have and would have bought the 2nd and 3rd seasons. The second and third seasons are the real beginning of the brilliance of the show.. In the most simple terms, it got better and better as the episodes were shown and Season One was good, and began to reach the Greatness of 2 and 3. Perhaps it had to do with Danson and Galiflanakis not having met until the 6th episode of season one.. Set your DVR's fto Bored To Death (if you have HBOCOM) for "any day, anytime and first and rerun (as they are reruns). You can choose to" keep until you erase" or if your DVR becomes overloaded, they will erase them. Thus far I have only in Season One clicked "keep until I erase "The Case of the Lonely Dove" (in deference to "Big Love" which massively jumped a whale in the last season) and "The case of the beautiful Blackmailer". There are 2 more episodes in Season One. Introducing Oliver Platt is a major kudo. In fact, it is the male equivalent (different plots, of course, but similar bonding and sometimes over the gaining and losing of women). Yet. so much more. This now becomes one of the most hilarious,yet poignant shows HBO has ever produced. Even Jonathan Ames (the writer) plays a role in 2 of the upcoming episodes (along with Kevin Bacon, Kristin Wiig, Mary Kay Place, F. Murray abraham, Oliver Platt and other character actors of stature) and from what I know, the "writers" are usually so displeased with what TV or the Cinema has done, that they wouldn't show their faces in their "own" shows or movies. Many thanks to HBO for these reruns of this wonderful, uplifting, laugh inducing, tear duct dribbling show. .I have U-Verse which as far as "On Demand" is incredibly inferior to Comcast and Cox. So when I just took the chance of searching for Ted Danson,, there it was. In all fairness to ATT, they are trying to buy out Direct or Dish and therefore would have (are you ready?) The Hallmark Channel on which they have every season of " I Love Lucy".I lost my favorite episodes when I became fed-up with the Comcast franchise here. In addition, during the multiple thunderstorms here in Knoxville (It only rains twice a week: once for 3 days and once for 4), because ATT uses Fiberoptics(sp) underground, I do not lose my TVcomputer/phone, as do Comcast users here. . It is one of those shows that afterwards, your sour mood becomes again sweet and you are ready to take on the world!

• Jan 30, 2014