Downton Abbey: Series 06 Reviews

• May 25, 2016

The script is feeble and trite in comparison to earlier seasons. Fellows has obviously run out of ideas and has resorted to cliches.

• Feb 26, 2016

immensely satisfying melodrama. Lots of twists and turns to keep the characters interesting

• Feb 24, 2016

Very sorry to see this go. Has been very enjoyable for the past six seasons.

Very sorry to see this go. Has been very enjoyable for the past six seasons.

• Feb 21, 2016

While it may have overstayed its welcome by a couple seasons, Downton Abbey ended as well as it possibly could have. Julian Fellowes has virtually written a textbook perfect example of the way to end a beloved series, and its regular crew of actors turned in some of their finest performances ever.

• Feb 09, 2016

I say, Maggie Smith is a delight with the bon mot this season as in the past. Always a pleasure, I will be sorry to see it go.

• Jan 31, 2016

What a perfect way to wrap things up and end the series..

What a perfect way to wrap things up and end the series..

• Jan 21, 2016

Desde qualquer angulo é uma obra de arte... deixará saudades!

Desde qualquer angulo é uma obra de arte... deixará saudades!

• Jan 19, 2016

It's refreshing to have a show that knows it's expiration date. Though I've enjoyed this series, it I time for it to go. The writers know this and are giving us a lovely last few episodes.

• Jan 18, 2016

A woman knows her mind. If she asks a man to leave her alone, she means it. It does not translate to 'I am experiencing a momentary lapse in sanity, so continue pursing me until I come around.'There is no excuse for pursing or harassing someone once they have clearly asked to be left alone. And I don't think Tom pushed for Lady Mary's union with Mr Talbot because he really loves her: he was trying to prove that even Mary could marry below her station, which in turn would legitimize Tom himself. But then the show dissipates that issue by rendering Mary a product of her upbringing and snobbery, and uniting her with Mr Talbot anyway, rending the whole debacle nothing more than a love conquers all scenario. I have to give Cousin Isobel credit for refusing to succumb to Lord Merton's pleas toward marriage, and using, quite shamefully his deteriorating health to coax Cousin Isobel into union with him. Oh wait, I spoke prematurely. Well, love conquers all after all..

• Jan 04, 2016

Contrived, histrionic, Great cast, awful script. A parody of Upstairs-Downstairs.