Emergence: Season 1 Reviews

• 4d ago

Love the cast, the bits of humor and snarkiness, and most of all Allison Tolman! She's the best part of this show.

• 5d ago

best, it was really good, i enjoyed it. please give us no2 etc asap. as I WANT MORE !!!!

• 5d ago

There is so much to like about this show. On the top of the list is an ensemble cast that seem to embody their characters and the script. If you missed Tollman's performance in FX's Fargo..go watch it! Her emergence character isn't a stretch, but it is wonderfully acted. I love the dynamics between her character Jo and her ex husband Alex (played by Donald Faison) a broken relationship without the high drama, screaming and anchor that seems to be the norm on TV. This is still a long term relationship that puts their children first. For those who say that is a fairy tale, it is not, having a similar relationship w/my ex for past 18 yrs. Anyway, I love the plot as it unfolds, feels a little Fringey, a little Xfiley mixed in with a whodunit and whatsgoingon...pushes all the right buttons. Rumblings in the wind this will be cancelled...too bad, it has an audience. If cancelled I hope a streaming service picks it up.

• 5d ago

New and fresh plots and ideas. Finally something that hasn't been remade or done 1000 times over.

• 5d ago

I don't know why this show has good reviews at all. I find the show boring and the characters uninteresting.

• 5d ago

Reminiscent of Lost and other mystery thrillers. I have watched first five episodes and have not been disappointed

• Jan 15, 2020

If two stars means "it passes the time", that's literally what it does while i'm standing in the kitchen eating. If you want character-driven sci-fi, PLEASE watch Manifest on NBC, which has much better scripts, and more important ideas that make one think about episodes for the rest of the day and week after watching them. Emergence, on the other hand, could be interesting scifi about artificial intelligence, but what it spends most of its time on is a entirely self-centered group of people who think of nothing but their own preferences and likes and embrace only their own view of the world. The lead is terrifically miscast; just a terrible acting job. This is really SO bad that i sometimes have to turn it off in the middle of my sandwich. Support really quality shows like Manifest and The Expanse.

• Jan 11, 2020

New favorite show. This has to continue. I'm hooked

New favorite show. This has to continue. I'm hooked

• Jan 10, 2020

Ok, this show is slow. But Allison Tolman wins the show. Great acting all around, even the annoying kid-AI.

• Jan 10, 2020

Best new show of the season, and probably the best show on Tv. Brilliant idea, good writing, and the actors are all terrific. What a story line! Sadly, the show is apparently coming to an end of it's short life/run, HOWEVER, it's gotten better and better. I have no idea where it's going and what will happen. How is ABC able to let such an interesting smart show fail. what do they have that's nearly even close in the drama category, except their soapy other shows. They even gave up on LAST MAN STANDING, which happily is beating the competition on it's new network. I keep my XFINITY cable going bc I am hopeful for surprises like this. Susan