Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal: Season 1 Reviews

• May 24, 2020

The latest show by Genndy Tartakovsky know for such work as Dexter's Lab πŸ”¬ and Samurai Jack this time fallows a caveman named Spear who do to shared tragedies befriends a T-Rex πŸ¦– named Fang as they have to work together to hunt kill and survive in this savage world 🌎 🌍 🌏. The main take away from this series is that there is no spoken dialogue in the whole story, told only through the expression, scenery, and animation of the textbook πŸ“– definition of visual storytelling. The animation itself is gorgeous to observe both the landscapes and movement of the characters which allow for slow quiet 🀫 moments to fast πŸ’¨ paste action sequences seamlessly. I highly recommend checking it out as it's something you don't see much of anymore and glows creative freedom. it's on Adult Swim and only 5 episodes each with a runtime of 23 minutes short I know but hopefully if more people discover watch and support the show then get it greenlit πŸ”₯ for more episodes as it does end on a cliff hanger as that is the only negatives 🎞 I have. Over it was a unique experience that I hope gets more attention as time goes on and I give it 8.7/10

• Apr 29, 2020

I wish there were a second season.

I wish there were a second season.

• Apr 26, 2020

I have never been more intrigued by an animated film with no dialogue and moved to tears. Can't wait for more

• Apr 18, 2020

This is as close to perfect as animated TV can be. No dialogue is needed to understand the relationship between Spear and Fang, it is easily conveyed by animation that, at an absolute minimum, is on par with, and at anything other than the absolute minimum, is superior to Tartakovsky's earlier work on Samurai Jack.

• Apr 12, 2020

Great show. Each scene is a picture worth a thousand words and the execution of sequencing is marvelous. Super engaging, I just can't stop watching it.

• Apr 10, 2020

Amazing show, even though it is scientifically bereft, combining creatures that existed 64+ million years apart, having chewing sauropods, etc. But you hopefully lose interest in those concerns after a few minutes, as the storytelling grips you. I would like to see some credit go to Ricardo Delgado, writer and illustrator of the amazing "Age of Reptiles" graphic novels, though. It is pretty obvious that the silent storytelling and the rendering of the dinosaurs are at least heavily influenced by Delgado's work. Can't wait for more episodes!

• Mar 21, 2020

Every episode gave me chills.

Every episode gave me chills.

• Jan 27, 2020

Must watch Phenomenal...

Must watch Phenomenal...

• Jan 20, 2020

An absolute masterpiece! I felt every emotion possible in the first ten minutes of this series

• Jan 16, 2020