Gotham: Season 5 Reviews

• Jul 10, 2019

the best and final season each episode better then the last i was annoyed they recast Bruce and cat for the finale but i understand why ed and Oswald have their best scenes here

• Jun 07, 2019

Season 5 in my mind and many others was supposed to be a grand ending to Gotham. Though it was there were some things that made me cross my arms like a child and chant "I didn't like that" however those were few and far between. I hoped to see Mr Freeze again, Firefly snd even the man bat creature they showed in 4×22. Overall season five is short, though not Gothams fault, and they worked hard to fill those 12 episodes with good content. HOWEVER, THE MILITARY GETTING INVOLVED STORYLINE WAS HORRID AND UNNECESSARY! But always a blast with Penguin.

• May 27, 2019

Showrunners did their best to intregrate the entire plead of absolutely new characters for the show, but it doesn't release them from the liability for that delirium they've done. But actually, the cast did their best for the series, despite the fact that the plot was a little bit dull.

• May 20, 2019

Lacking Jeremiah but a great season nonetheless, rushed thanks to being cancelled early. Really wish it was saved.

• May 05, 2019

As a whole it was a great season but there were certain moments that just felt cringey and rushed.

• Apr 30, 2019

as always Gotham needed the caped crusader to rescue them. a very underwhelming season with only the last episode worth the watch.

• Apr 27, 2019

Althouth I liked the last two seasons, I thought that the final season of Gotham was a high point to go out on. With Gotham cut off from the rest of the country, the show basically went full Mad Max with various gangs fighting over control of the city. The season basically had permission to drop the pretense of any real-world restrictions and go full crazy, and I love it. Season five does a surprisingly good job of allotting time for all the characters. Cameron Monaghan again excels as Jeremaiah Valeska. They even manage to include a decent portion of the show's recurring villains. (I think I'll miss Dr. B.D. Wong's Hugo Strange most of all). Plus, we finally get to see a certain Batman villain who has never been depicted in live action. Unfortunately with the reduced episode count, two characters got short shrift. Manbat was teased at the end of last season, but you won't get him this time. Also the writers fell into their habit of having the Penguin behave childishly a little too much. It can be hard to see how he achieved underworld success at these times. Again, the show has surprisingly good set and costume design for network television. I'm happy to say that Gotham season 5 gives the same enjoyable chaos that the show was known for.

• Apr 27, 2019

Great show< really sucks its this was the last season...

Great show< really sucks its this was the last season...

• Apr 26, 2019

Gotham's fifth and final run is packed with several hours of nefarious mayhem and the series' signature dizzying pace, all building up to the rise of the darkened city's guardian angel.

• Apr 26, 2019