Happy Valley: Season 1 Reviews

• Feb 13, 2020

Started off slow the first few times I viewed it. Then it caught on. Hooked. Bingeing .... bingeing.......

• Feb 02, 2020

I absolutely love Catherine. The story and the lives of the characters are so detailed. You get to know their personalities. I love both seasons and I am waiting for season 3 please.

• Dec 05, 2019

I love this so much there were parts of the show I stood up out of excitement! The acting is "clever" and the plot suspenseful.

• Jul 29, 2019

i love this it is amazing smartly written everything connects the intensity increases it is hard to watch in all the right ways

• Feb 14, 2019

Sarah Lancashire's performance was just crazy good. Never took a false step in the fast, fluid and intense twists and turns. Great series.

• Oct 23, 2018

one of the best shows I've seen. draws you immediately; truly captivating.

one of the best shows I've seen. draws you immediately; truly captivating.

• Oct 08, 2018

Happy Valley is anything but cheerful. This fantastic crime drama, TV series stars Sarah Lancashire is now available on Netflix Streaming. The Brits may have once terrorized us Americans with their monarchy, but, hands down excel in gripping, crime drama television. After the initial giggle over Cawood's sergeant hat (played by Lancashire), one will quickly realize that Lancashire is a tough as nails law enforcer who is mourning after her daughter's suicide. Nonetheless, there is a kidnapper on the loose! For those of you who wonder if a series can be gruesome enough with its lead headed up by a British female, this series may convince you. Having said that, so much of the action happens off screen but it's the follow up scenes that stay with you and add to this suspenseful show. Deep into the series Lancashire is brutalized and much of it isn't seen; however, the scenes after that show Cawood's eye clearly bloodied up. I can still see it. Yes, it's worth the couch time.

• Sep 18, 2018

Sarah Lancashire is the bomb. So wonderful to see a strong women detective as the star of a suspenseful, edgy series.

• Jul 13, 2018

SPOILER SPOILER: what ruined a compelling and fairly complex story for me is the lazily written final episode in which Sgt, Cawood gives permission to her grandson to come home alone from school. Is this likely, given what she knows about the brutal Tommy, and in particular given that he has met the child and knows himself to be the father. Surely this could have been written better. Frankly, it infuriated me.

• Jun 23, 2018

Great writing and grat cast.

Great writing and grat cast.