High Fidelity: Season 1 Reviews

• 3h ago

If you haven't read the novel and you didn't like Cusack's Rob then this will be easier to get behind. Zoe Kravitz does a fine job of being underwhelmed but the novel is meant to be heartwrenching and this can't capture any of that. I'm sure people will love it but they will also use the phrase "all the feels" instead of feeling something and Hornby's Rob would never expect a younger generation to read a novel so...there ya go. Choose your brand of emotional balance.

• 1d ago

Really captures a lot of the charm of the original movie. Zoe is great. The supporting cast is equally as charming. Didn't think I'd like it, but I did.

• 3d ago

Really entertaining with great music and great casting. I am so glad they choose a female lead.

• 3d ago

I feel comfortable in saying that High Fidelity won't be the best show I see this year, but it will absolutely be one of my favourites. The great debate over what the original movie was or was not aside, for me, this series blows the film on which it's based completely out of the water. It fixes everything that's wrong and explores that's right.

• 4d ago

Fuc*ing loved it. So damn good music and chill wibes.

Fuc*ing loved it. So damn good music and chill wibes.

• 6d ago

As a person who is old enough to remember the movie, at first, I was skeptical about the redux. However, when I watched the first episode I was pleasantly surprised. I love everything about this -- each character gives me so much energy and whimsy. Rob and Mac (Kravitz and Adir) have great chemistry. Da'Vine Joy Randolph steals all of the scenes she's in!

• 6d ago

This is the show to watch if you, love the book/original film and/or love vinyl. This show kept the spirit of the film/book so good even with a total gender reversal. Zoe is excellent as Rob! This is the best acting she's done in her career and I can tell she was determine to really channel this character. The world built around her and the people in her life just ooze the classic 2000 film. And, thank you for having the stones to keep her character a cigarette smoker. I understand the world's stance on smoking these days, but its literally part of her character and the story and helps make her plight seem more realistic. I like the decision to set the series in New York. It gives the entire story in all three mediums a more anthological feel. The book being London, the film Chicago, and now New York. This story is very personal and should be seen by anyone who has ever asked a question about a past relationship. Its hilarious, involving, meaningful, real, raw, and completely engrossing. Check this show out on Hulu now! Its such a great watch and an even better binge.

• Feb 19, 2020

Love this show! I'm in my mid 50s & it's a great relaxing vibe thruout. Zoë is perfect, of course, and all the characters blend well. Props!

• Feb 18, 2020

I'm a big fan of the movie version and it took an episode or 2 to adjust, but once I did, I loved the new show. Look forward to a second season!

• Feb 18, 2020

Love everything about this show. It had me hooked from the pilot with its soundtrack and vibrant characters. Zoe Kravitz is a charming lead, whose character comes off as intelligent and confident, neurotic but not self-pitying.